residency after having a child in Argentina!

davy

Registered
Hi,

After days of research, and no clear answer I finally post...

We're a couple of europeans living here since 4 months

we're thinking about having a child here in Argentina...

Does anyone know if we have to be married or just the mother and the baby could expect to obtain the argentinian nationality?

Thanks,

Davy

Since you are french, I'll answer in french.

Bonjour, oui, l'Argentine pratique le jus soli (droit du sol).
tout est ici : http://www.dipublico.com.ar/legislacion/Ley21795.pdf
Par la suite, vous pourrez demander la résidence permanente voire demander la double nationalité.
Attention du reste à ne pas perdre l'opportunité de donner à l'enfant la nationalité française. Le Droit Argentin reconnaît moins les possibilités de double nationalité que la France, aussi il faudrait bien étudier la question (demander d'abord la nationalité française ou pas par exemple).
Si vous avez des questions, n'hésitez pas.

Bonne chance

Reactions: jp
AlexfromLA said:
can anyone say anchor babies ?

That expression has been used in the forum and drew fire as being highly insulting, though I've heard it used recently on US TV regarding children born to "illegal" immigrants and no one reacted as if the "N" word had been said.

As Davy is French,wouldn't it be more appropriate to use the term bâtard(e) (m/f)?

" Anchor babies " is a despicable term. I think I made my point though.

Davy. Your child will be a natural born Argentinian citizen. You will be able to apply for citizenship ( you will have to pay taxes ;) ). I wish all three of you much happiness here in Argentina.

AlexfromLA said:
" Anchor babies " is a despicable term. I think I made my point though.

You just asked the question "can anyone say anchor babies?" (as if that's the term you would use). You didn't make a point, certainly not one that indicated that you believed the term is despicable.

steveinbsas said:
You just asked a question. You didn't make a point.

Maybe you aren't quite as perceptive as you would like to think ?

AlexfromLA said:
Maybe you aren't quite as perceptive as you would like to think ?

Your question "can anyone say anchor babies?" gave no indication of how you felt about the use of the expression. Often a rhetorical question such as yours is used by comedians to get a laugh. Perhaps you weren't trying to be funny, but if anyone else was able to perceive your disdain for the term perhaps they'll chime in here, because I certainly missed it!

Perhaps you aren't quite as good at expressing your self as you'd like to think.

That is not a rhetorical question. It's an observation.

I should add that the best defense is a good offense and I can give you credit for that.

Back