Residency and Imports

soyyoandrew

Registered
Hey all,

I have two questions that I was hoping you guys would be able to help me with. I wrote migrations, foolishly thinking that they would get back to me, but after 3 weeks I think its safe to say they aren't going to reply. My concern is that this March I will be eligible for permanent residency but I may be offered a job overseas starting February and am wondering when I come back will I have to start at 0? Is there a way to do this "tramite" at the embassy overseas? I will be gutted if I lose out on my permanent residency because of work. Anyone had a similar experience? Anyone know anything about the subject?

My next question concerns importing items. Does anyone know a good resource on importing to Argentina? Customs rates for different items and costs, list of rules and regulations? Something that would give me an overall view of what I'm dealing with here, which is sure to be overwhelming.

Thanks in advance guys for your help. And thanks also for getting back to me on my imac customs question. I decided not to get it after all. :(

This is an important issue and I think you need to talk to an immigration lawyer. Be careful to get a lawyer who SPECIALIZES in immigration. If you CAN do the tramites while abroad you are going to need a lawyer's help anyway.

Last time at the Aduana Internacional in Retiro (that was a euphemism, it's actually wedged between the port and the informal settlement) they afip dears warned me I should find someone "registered as an importer".

So, does any of you know of a decent, trusty, import guy that can handle small accounts?

Please PM if you do, thanks!!!

Matt

soyyoandrew said:
Hey all,

I have two questions that I was hoping you guys would be able to help me with. I wrote migrations, foolishly thinking that they would get back to me, but after 3 weeks I think its safe to say they aren't going to reply. My concern is that this March I will be eligible for permanent residency but I may be offered a job overseas starting February and am wondering when I come back will I have to start at 0? Is there a way to do this "tramite" at the embassy overseas? I will be gutted if I lose out on my permanent residency because of work. Anyone had a similar experience? Anyone know anything about the subject?

Even if you have to start from zero, next time I suggest you apply straigh for citizenship because you aready have the 2 years of material residency (to live here is the requirement).
Regards

Back