Residency or precaria with expired tourist visa

You cannot apply before the 2 years without a lawyer, indeed.
Some cases were quoted as zombie in the past but where very complicated ones (illegal entry, fake passport, fake visa, criminal records, arrest order for deportation, work under the table, and so on) and, however they delayed, they were granted.
On the other hand, I cannot quote cases where to apply before the 2 years helped to save time, to stop deportation or to avoid a rejection at the border because of professional secret.

You said you "cannot" quote cases where applying before two years have saved time? If that's the case then it's no points to apply before two years unless you're trying to protect yourself from deportation. But in my opinion that looks bad on paper. Maybe you meant to say you "can"

Citizenship can be applied the day after you arrive to Argentina, but the judge is not going to grant it before the 2 years are full fit.

what prevents judge from immediately declining such case (and forfeiting any paid fees) since formal conditions (2 years of residing in Argentina) for granting citizenship are not satisfied?

....I cannot quote cases where to apply before the 2 years helped to save time, to stop deportation or to avoid a rejection at the border because of professional secret.

You said you "cannot" quote cases where applying before two years have saved time? If that's the case then it's no points to apply before two years unless you're trying to protect yourself from deportation. But in my opinion that looks bad on paper. Maybe you meant to say you "can"

Bajo_cero2 cannot "quote" (or is unwilling to make comments about) citizenship cases which were filed before two years that have actually saved time and/or stopped deportation because he is the lawyer who filed those cases on behalf of his foreign clients applying for citizenship.

PS: For him to "quote" those cases here would mean revealing his profesional secret(s) of how he is able to accomplish this in court.

Last edited:
Bajo_cero2 cannot "quote" (or is unwilling to make comments about) citizenship cases which were filed before two years that have actually saved time and/or stopped deportation because he is the lawyer who filed those cases on behalf of his foreign clients applying for citizenship.

PS: For him to "quote" those cases here would mean revealing his profesional secret(s) of how he is able to accomplish this in court.

Ok I understand now. That's my next big decision to make. I had planned to get to the one year mark and then use a lawyer to apply. But it's still a mystery on how much time that saves, if any. If it doesn't save a significant amount of time then I don't see the point of applying early.

If I am correct it takes around 6 months for the entire process of applying and being approved for citizenship once you apply after the 2 year mark. Right now I feel like I put myself in a decent situation with the visa and a DNI on the way. What extra benefits does a lawyer present if I hit the 2 year mark and I've checked all the "boxes" for requirements?

I think it's time to have an actual consultation with a lawyer lol

Ok I understand now. That's my next big decision to make. I had planned to get to the one year mark and then use a lawyer to apply. But it's still a mystery on how much time that saves, if any. If it doesn't save a significant amount of time then I don't see the point of applying early.

If I am correct it takes around 6 months for the entire process of applying and being approved for citizenship once you apply after the 2 year mark. Right now I feel like I put myself in a decent situation with the visa and a DNI on the way. What extra benefits does a lawyer present if I hit the 2 year mark and I've checked all the "boxes" for requirements?

a good attorney ''walks'' your application through the process....knows the people involved in the process, and better yet, they know the attorney and extend professional consideration......no languishing.......no waiting for appointments.....problems are addressed immediately......from my own experience, worth every penny you spend.....if your primary objective is quick results, it's the best approach.......if your primary objective is saving money, probably not...... good luck

My objective isn't saving money. That's why I'm positioning myself for best results. But it's hard to get clear answers sometimes. I've done a few different processes in different countries without issue. Obviously my fluency in Spanish helps a lot. But I still intended to use a lawyer for this because of the importance. But if it just isn't a big enough time saver on the length of the process then I don't see the point for me

I always thought you wanted to start the citizenship application straight away because if you don't actually undertake the course for which they have granted you the temporary residence as a student, at the 12-month mark you will have no way of staying on and reaching the two-year mark.

I always thought you wanted to start the citizenship application straight away because if you don't actually undertake the course for which they have granted you the temporary residence as a student, at the 12-month mark you will have no way of staying on and reaching the two-year mark.

No my plan was never to start right away. I have a few months (end of March) to figure out the school thing. Maybe I'll just pay the fees each month (something like 40000 pesos and go to class once a month... no one said I had to pass lol). I guess before any of that I should find the actual requirements to renewing a student visa

(something like 40000 pesos and go to class once a month... no one said I had to pass lol). I guess before any of that I should find the actual requirements to renewing a student visa
Why should you even care about this? Fake students are placed on fast track to getting citizenship. And when they fail their studies their student visas are renewed automatically. This is the right time to start your business, and fully enjoy this land of enormous business opportunities.

(Just to be sure: I am being sarcastic).

Last edited:

Starting the citizenship process does not grant you the right to "stay" or give you any "papers". These are two separate processes.

There is a real chance that the judge rejects your case straight away. In the "best" case scenario you will go into a legal limbo where your case will take many many years, think 4-5 and probably go thru appeals etc etc. You would absolutely need a lawyer in this situation. There are a lot of ifs and buts here.

Applying after 2 years with a residence/DNI is the gold standard. You do not need a lawyer. A lawyer may or may not be of any help, some are useless. Generally they save you time by doing things for you so you don't have to waste time. However they are expensive.

The citizenship application on average takes 12-18 months BUT it cane take less or more. Mine took 8 months but I did everything myself and spent a lot of time doing my research and of course there is always a bit of luck/chance involved.

Back