Residency Precaria ... Yippee!

jpw

Registered
Ok, read this a lot of times here some nice some not so nice details about troubles at Immigration office ... so heres my two bits ....

As both of my older boys born in different countries we decided lets not break the tradition so we headed to Argentina for the third one.

God blessed us with yet another beautiful son born in march with good advice from some nice people we were able to get last minute insurance from the hospital and happily delivered our bundle of joy!!!

Ok now the fun part ... it actually takes a month to get the appointment for your newborn's birth certificate! we waited.

Then the name of your newborn should be in the list of names that you are allowed to keep in Argentina (well we were prepared on that one) also it is necessary for both the parents to be present there which we were but there was another lady with a newborn who was apparently having a tough time because her husband was not with her also because she didn't have a translator.

The staff at Registro civil were so extra nice to us that they instead of making us wait for 2 days to get the birth certificate gave it to us the same day. It was very nice of them!

Then the turno for DNI another month wait.

As soon as the DNI was in hand I headed first time to the dirección nacional de migraciones with an my Spanish translator and they sent us back saying its better I apply with my kids and for that I will need their birth certificates to be attested from the Argentine Embassies from the respective countries they were born in, which is no piece of cake because one was born in Dominican Republic other born in Dubai.

Second visit again with translator but sent back because my passport is from an Asian country that needs to be translated as well!

hmm ... My third and last visit I decided to go solo for the fun of it ... success!

The documents I submitted :-

My son's (born in Argentina) birth certificate from hospital and Registro Civil as well as his Original DNI and its Copy
My antecedente Paneales Buenos Aires
My Police clearance certificate from the country I stayed in for last 5 years
My passport along with photocopy of all pages and its translation from official translator legalized
one Photograph specially taken as per DNI requirement
My domicilio
600 pesos for Residency
40 Pesos for DNI

They were extremely helpful given the fact that my Spanish is only limited to si and gracias they made sure I was understanding them correctly.

after probably just one hour I was on my way home with the precaria!

Now still waiting to get my two children's birth certificates attested from the other two countries so I can apply for them later as well ... I know it wasn't a good choice to just apply for me and apply for them later but I was just didn't want to wait to get theirs in hand only to find out later that im again missing some other document.

Any way with all the good advise here and experiences of everyone else I felt I should share my experience too ... that someone else might benefit from hopefully!

nice that you planned the birth of yr 3 kids in 3 different countries. Kudos!

Reactions: jpw
Congratulations! for both the residency and your new baby! :)

Thank you Crema Americana

I thought you wrote "antecedentes pañales" at first. ;) Congratulations!

hehe yes actually I did and I would have been the first to catch that but those were the days ... now im just over exhausted, sleep deprived, mother of 3 boys under 5 who cant speak or write Spanish :lol: but im loving Argentina none the less :D
nice that you planned the birth of yr 3 kids in 3 different countries. Kudos!

well the first two were coincidence, third however was deliberate ... sadly the American govt. does not share our enthusiasm otherwise we would have had an American baby too :confused:

Congrats!

So strange they made you wait a month for the DNI. We went 3 weeks after they were born and did all the paperwork. Went back less than a week later to pick up their birth certs and did the photos and paid the fee for their DNI & passports. Within a few weeks, both were mailed to us. Did you go to the one on Cabildo?

Congrats on getting permanent residency :)

Congrats!

So strange they made you wait a month for the DNI. We went 3 weeks after they were born and did all the paperwork. Went back less than a week later to pick up their birth certs and did the photos and paid the fee for their DNI & passports. Within a few weeks, both were mailed to us. Did you go to the one on Cabildo?

Congrats on getting permanent residency :)

Don't know but we went to the one that's near Tucuman & Viamote CABA I don't remember the street name right now. but yes I think that if you take turno online they give it to you for months later but if you just directly go they will still entertain you.

did you take turno online or did you go directly without one?

We had no turno for the DNI, wasn't needed. We actually asked when we were there doing the initial birth certs if we needed to make an appt for their passports/DNI and they told us wasn't necessary and just to do it when we came back in a few days to pick up their BCs. We did and were in and out in under an hour. They couldn't have been nicer.

It took much longer (and a lot more expensive!) at the US Embassy but to be fair, there I had to do the interview to prove I lived in the US + I had forgotten their passport photos so had to leave and get their pics taken and then go back again. But def more expensive!

Well I have citizenship, have the certificate of citizenship, but my new DNI was to be delivered in two months and it's now been three months. Anyone have any advice? I paid the 32 pesos (or whatever it was) for delivery and am supposed to have the receipt ready to exchange for the DNI and here I sit. I want to go visit friends in Chile but . . . here I sit. My attorney checked (they're really on top of stuff--checked without me asking) and it is "not ready yet."

im sorry I have no suggestion for you, but thanks for sharing atleast now I know that this happens too ... although I guess if you make this your subject line and start a new topic im sure you will receive some good advise on this

suerte

Back