Residency - question about criminal check

Hi everyone,

I recently got married to an Argentine citizen and I'm currently applying for permanent residency (currently I'm a tourist who overstayed).

My question is regarding the below requirement for a criminal check..

"Certificado que acredite fehacientemente que no registra condenas anteriores ni procesos penales en trámite, emitidos por las autoridades competentes de los países donde haya residido por un plazo superior a UN (1) año, durante el transcurso de los últimos TRES (3) años, (Solo exigible a mayores de 16 años)."

In the past three years, I've spent 10 months in France, 4 months in the UK, and the rest of the time in Argentina.

My confusion comes from the fact I spent a total of 2 years in France but only 10 months of which were in the last 3 years, would I need one from France in this case or do they only consider the last three years of residency and nothing else?

Thanks everyone.
Don't worry. They will ask for the antecedentes from your country of citizenship only. Even if they were to look at stamps -- which they do not routinely do-- you have not live continuously in another country for 12 months or more.

Having processed my perm residency at the end of 2021 I can say for me personally they didn't, and thankfully so as it is full of 30+ different countries visas/stamps, (they did however want my passport ID page translated in to Spanish, and to know which countries I liked best).
Again....do it this way....and don't make it complicated until someone makes it complicated.

Thanks everyone for the great info, I want to start the citizenship process also which requires the check from the UK so I can kill two birds with one stone hopefully.

Back