Retirees In Costa Atlantica, Uruguay, And South Brazil

yd_mtl

Registered
Do I understand that in various beach resort towns such as Miramar or Mar del Plata (in the Costa Atlantica of Buenos Aires province), Punta del Este or others on the Uruguayan coast, and Balneario Camboriu (on the coast of southern Brazil), there are a number of retirees living there especially in the low season (i.e. outside summer)? If so, is it because retirees in those places want to enjoy the quiet of the low season? In the case of the south Brazil coast, is it also for the somewhat warmer temperatures than those found in the Rio de la Plata itself?

Speaking about Mar del Plata, i can not confirm a large number of retirees visiting during low season. It is rather a very large number of permanent residing retirees plus a considerable amount of elderly people coming to spent an extended summer. During high season, when it is generally crowded, this might be less apparent. Most retirees now permanently living in Mar del Plata were spending their summer months here since their childhood days - many porteno families own a vacation property here which will later serve as a permanent home. I believe this bonding to the place is a typical phenomen at the costa atlantica region (Buenos Aires province), which you will not find in this extend at the uruguayan and southern brazilian coast. At the latter, I would assume language to be another issue which would make people refrain from making it their permanent retirement home.

Speaking about Mar del Plata, i can not confirm a large number of retirees visiting during low season. It is rather a very large number of permanent residing retirees plus a considerable amount of elderly people coming to spent an extended summer. During high season, when it is generally crowded, this might be less apparent. Most retirees now permanently living in Mar del Plata were spending their summer months here since their childhood days - many porteno families own a vacation property here which will later serve as a permanent home. I believe this bonding to the place is a typical phenomen at the costa atlantica region (Buenos Aires province), which you will not find in this extend at the uruguayan and southern brazilian coast. At the latter, I would assume language to be another issue which would make people refrain from making it their permanent retirement home.

What you were just describing - are you saying that it applies to places like Miramar, Pinamar, Necochea, San Clemente del Tuyu, and other places along the Atlantic Coast of Buenos Aires province more than to Punta del Este, Piriapolis, Jose Ignacio, and other Uruguayan beach towns or to Florianopolis, Balneario Camboriu, Torres, or other places along southern Brazil's littoral?

Back