Retirement Visa

Lenny6099

Registered
I'm trying to find out what the requirements are for getting a retirement Visa. Unfortunately all of the information I find here on the web is either vague or contradictory. I tried to get the info from the Argentine Consulate site and got a pop up asking me to call them by phone:mad:.

Can anybody direct me to a site where I can just get some simple information?

TIA
Lenny

I think it is required a demonstrated income of 800 USD a month min.
Good luck Henry

Lenny6099 said:
I'm trying to find out what the requirements are for getting a retirement Visa. Unfortunately all of the information I find here on the web is either vague or contradictory. I tried to get the info from the Argentine Consulate site and got a pop up asking me to call them by phone:mad:.

Can anybody direct me to a site where I can just get some simple information?

TIA
Lenny

Here it is in English:

http://www.argentina.gov.ar/argentina/portal/paginas.dhtml?pagina=1245

I have made dozens of posts on the subject in this forum.

Please use the search engine (find all posts by steveinbsas) or enter key words like visa rentista, etc. in this forum.

Many others have added to these threads as well, and their posts will surely be helpful.

Thanks for the help. I found all the necessary paperwork online. I had done a search here using the words "retirement visa" and it didn't work out well for me. Okay, I now know that in Argentina it's called a rentista. To answer Freds question a "retirement visa" is the term used in Panama that allows you to stay in tje country indefinitely as long as you meet certain financial qualifications. In Panama arentista is called a "pensionado visa".

A rentista (rentier) is someone whose income is from property rents or bond interest and other investments. A Pensionado (pensioner) is the beneficiary of a pension or retirement fund. Both the rentista and the pensionado are accepted visa categories in Argentina. In both cases you will have to prove a monthly income of at least AR$ 3000.-, as well as submit your birth certificate, a certificate of criminal records from the country or countries where you lived for the past 5 years, and a valid passport. Depending on where you apply for the visa (directly in Argentina or in an Argentine Consulate abroad) some formalities may vary.
You may see a list of all visa categories established by Argentine law at http://www.visasargentina.com.ar/migraciones.html

Back