Returning to Argentina

I suggest you, and others, take things a bit more seriously when traveling. At present, prior to entering Argentina, you must sign an affidavit (declaration jurada) whereby you commit to self quarantine for 14 days on arrival. Other cities, like new York, have a similar requirement.
It seems to me that too many people take this legal document or obligation very lightly, or ignore it. That is, they don't self-quarantine for the full 14 days. What are the risks? Here are some simple examples: a neighbor catches covid, and dies. You may get blamed for causing the death. Another case, a neighbor of yours reports you to the authorities and you earn some trouble. And the list of consequences, for not abiding by what you swore to do, can go on and on.

If you are not going to quarantine and comply with local laws, don't travel. And if you insist on traveling and not complying with what you agreed to do, I hope they catch you and make you pay for your non-compliance.
Touché! If you ignore the affidavit and spread the Covid-19 you might face 15 years of jail in Argentina.

Ceviche, doormen still cramping your style?

He didn't say someone broke the law, the responses to OP's question about the rules around returning and quarantining were answered with "no one cares," do whatever type responses. Rick was noting that quarantines should be taken seriously and the law should be followed.

Not sure what is bitter about that.

I understand your overall feeling about the over intrusiveness of neighbors & doormen during the pandemic and I side with you. There is some hysteria surrounding the situation, which has started to die down a bit in my opinion.

That all being said, there is nothing wrong with acting responsibly and following the current law.

Ceviche, doormen still cramping your style?

That all being said, there is nothing wrong with acting responsibly and following the current law.

What does my comment about doormen in May'20- have to do with the "following the law" part in Nov'20?

And I am not even talking about myself as my situation is very fifferent from almost anyone here, but having said that..when people behave hysterically or like school masters here towards others here, who may be having a little bit of fun ( and not necessarily breaking the law)..someone must speak up..to ask "Did you have fight with your wife today"

Last edited:
Am I supposed to receive an email copy of the declaracion jurada before my flight? Because I haven't gotten anything.

Back