Revelations Of Corruption

Pensador

Registered
Nothing seems to draw extanded family to your house like having it parked on the beach 20 minutes from Punta Del Este. So my wifes cousin who is lawyer in BA comes with her BF who happens to work in the Ministry of Economics.

So how do those goverment official get those exotic cars anyway? Curious if anyone else knows how this is done.

From what I heard and this is hear say. They can get them in through the embassies of other countries as cars for embassy staff and avoid allot of importing costs and issues. For example a crony wants a high-end Benz and his crony pal has a connection at the embasy of county X. His crony pal sets up the deal. Country X then gets the Benz in and drives or holds the car a few months and then sells it to the crony. As I said it is hear say but it seems to make perfect sense.

So- is connections the same as "corruption"?
I always thought connections is when your brother in law gets you the Mercedes convertible with a few thousand miles on it for fifty percent of retail, and corruption is when the cops pull over the rich guy driving it, take the keys, and leave him standing at the pareda with no sube card.

there is no question that, if you know the right people, you can get most "impossible to find" consumer goods here.
but you dont have to do it at gunpoint.

So- is connections the same as "corruption"?
I always thought connections is when your brother in law gets you the Mercedes convertible with a few thousand miles on it for fifty percent of retail, and corruption is when the cops pull over the rich guy driving it, take the keys, and leave him standing at the pareda with no sube card.

there is no question that, if you know the right people, you can get most "impossible to find" consumer goods here.
but you dont have to do it at gunpoint.

I guess that depends on your own ideals and how you percieve corruption. For me working around the system the governement has imposed on society to get what you want as a public official through the public officials crony network falls into that category. You might percieve it differently.

The big question is from where did the fairly mid level Argie Gov employee get the money to buy an MBZ? Hummmm. Here's where the corruption lies.

De4pends,dont forget that government employees get good salaries here,and the ones that work for AFIP get huge salaries.
Or he could be a corrupt guy,of course
What car he drives?

De4pends,dont forget that government employees get good salaries here,and the ones that work for AFIP get huge salaries.
Or he could be a corrupt guy,of course
What car he drives?

Don't AFIP agents work on commission?

Don't AFIP agents work on commission?
I think they have some sort of commision,the majority of their pay is like that,I think,but they dont get that towards tehir pensions,they get huge salaries but small pensions

I think they have some sort of commision,the majority of their pay is like that,I think,but they dont get that towards tehir pensions,they get huge salaries but small pensions

I wrote that facetiously, but it wouldn't surprise me if they skim off a substantial amount.

Back