Rigged Can Meters

diego7david said:
this sounds like a self plug for your own car service .........siverstar........hmm

Nope, just the facts I got from the last to drop offs I had, and informational. There is no way I'm ever going to or even try to compete with cabs! It's a totally different business model...And rigged meters-fake bills are REAL issues.

Persoanlly, I use cabs myself all the time, and haven't had any problems.

Fred
www.silverstarcar.com

BAJoe said:
I don´t think Fred is trying to carry ALL tourists around the city, in place of the taxi´s they usually take. I was told only 5 days ago by an expat that she was handed fake bills as change for her cabfare, so I second the OP, in WARNING ALL TAXI RIDERS to carry SMALL CHANGE AND PAY EXACT CABFARE!!

Don´t pay with large bills! At most take the risk of only a 5 or 10 peso bill for change, that wouldn´t be such a great loss, and can be passed on.

BTW Fred, I´m the guy who spotted you in Recoleta about 10 days ago. Great ride you´ve got there!! Don´t travel much but I will recommend you.
Cheers, Joe!

Was so cool to see you on the streets the other day near Alamo Bar with my Argentine wife! We are arguing, I said you had an Accord, my wife says Civic...We are used to answering questions (rolling down the wondows) about the car, usually to Argentines who have never seen one before!

Yours,
Fred
www.silverstarcar.com

Bianca said:
Before handing the taxi driver a bill, hold the bill up to the light and make it clear that you've inspected the bill. We ALWAYS check our bills as soon as we get them from the ATM machine, but we just illustrate to the cab driver that we have checked it (right in front of him) so he won't be able to swap them out.

Bianca, also when looking at the watermark with the light (I use a mini flashlight at night) look at the DEPTH of the watermark and the detail. There are some really good 100 peso notes with a watermark, but not the depth and detail...I saw the bill at a watch repair shop, and the vendor caught it, i was surprised, the bill looked so good. It did not have the proper feel either.

Fred
www.silverstarcar.com

Also, before getting into a cab ask the cab driver an estimate of how much it will cost to go to where you want to go.

Back