Parking Meters And Tow Trucks Coming Soon?

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
If this plan is approved you can say goodbye to free parking on city neighborhood streets. 44 of 48 neighborhoods in CABA getting the treatment - includes adding tow trucks as well as impound lots. Over 10,000 blocks to be meter-fied.

Full InvestBA story here.

One more reason I'm glad I don't have a car.

Have a nice (rainy) day.

GS

Ha, free parking, you already pay informally to park in most of those areas... I think it will be more interesting to study the affects this may have on trapitos. Will they move to the unmetered neighborhoods? Will they keep working there same areas, and people will just have to pay twice?

It sucks for car drivers, but if you are going to have a car, you have got to pay for it. Hopefully the city govt. will work to improve and increase capacity in public transport in parallel, and get down to business with the ente tripartitario to organize this metropolis!

Glad I found a job 3 blocks from my house, and that the only motor vehicle I will ever use to transport myself is a 50 passenger Mercedez-Benz...

I'm surprised it's taken so long, after all, the motorist is a prime source of income for any local authority world wide.

I predict the trapitos will put up a fight. I have never parked for free...the trapitos have every inch of the city covered and woe betide anyone who tries to not pay! We'll see a few smashed up parking meters, either that or the trapitos will stay and you will pay them more and they will the machines.

Can't wait to have them here in PM. Long overdue! We're probably the only neighborhood whose residents have been requesting the meters for years.

Can't wait to have them here in PM. Long overdue! We're probably the only neighborhood whose residents have been requesting the meters for years.

I think its ridiculous! I'm super annoyed about it! we live in recoleta and pay for parking, it makes sense as we are close to the centro, but to put it in a bunch of neighbourhoods????? why should people have to pay to park in their own residential neighbourhood, like las canitas, or palermo?
it will also cost 6pesos/per hour!
i call bullshit! and will probably start a new post in the future with the title "car for sale"

If only they would put any revenue back into infrastructure , instead of their own and their cronies pockets.

As I live in beautiful Zona Norte , you would have to pry my cold dead fingers from the wheel before I give up my car.

I think its ridiculous! I'm super annoyed about it! we live in recoleta and pay for parking, it makes sense as we are close to the centro, but to put it in a bunch of neighbourhoods????? why should people have to pay to park in their own residential neighbourhood, like las canitas, or palermo?
i call bullshit! and will probably start a new post in the future with the title "car for sale"

Here in PM is a different situation. All residencial buildings here have private parking, so if you live here and have a car, more likely than not you already own a parking spot. Many of the offices here also have underground parking or agreements with the lots here.

However, the streets here are always PACKED with people who work in the microcenter and Catalinas looking for free parking in a safe neighborhood, as they dont want to (or can't) pay for any of the parking lots around here. It's been like that for many years and it is a problem as people park here very early in the morning and don't move their cars out until the end of the day. Some people park and leave their cars here for days or weeks. There was a story a while back of a car dealership parking their overflow stock here on the streets and keeping the cars here for weeks w/out moving them.

Among the problems this causes is that the street cleaners cannot sweep, residents have trouble finding spots, receiving deliveries and visitors, and business patrons often have a hard time finding parking to go the shops and restaurants here. I think the meters (at least on the main avenues here, during business hours) will help alleviate these situations, plus prompt some of those people who don't live nor work in this neighborhood to go somewhere else or use public transport.

I'm all for the meters here in PM and areas close to the microcenter. For other neighborhoods I dont know, but it may be a good idea only on primary and busy commercial streets. I think residents should get a say, and get free parking sticker or at least a discount for meters in their neighborhoods, like it is done on other places.

I predict the trapitos will put up a fight. I have never parked for free...the trapitos have every inch of the city covered and woe betide anyone who tries to not pay! We'll see a few smashed up parking meters, either that or the trapitos will stay and you will pay them more and they will the machines.

Macri has been angling for the trapitos years now.I'm going to guess that this is just going to be a first step in a war.

Did you read the Article, most residential zones will be fare free for residents.

Residents living in fixed rate zones will be exempt from paying the parking meters, while those living in progressive rate zones would be eligible for a 50% discount on parking rates. Neighbors will be able to apply online for a “usuario residente” pass once the legislation is passed and the meters are installed.

I'm thrilled by the way, I live very close to the River stadium and when there is a game it seems like every single square inch turned into a parking space. It'd be great if someone other than the barra mafia was getting paid for that.

Honestly this city has a HUGE traffic problem and so I'm very much in favor of trying to raise revenue from car owners to spend on public transport.

I've never had a card or driven here, so I don't know anything about this. But in any city I've lived in, this is pretty standard. Residential parking permits, and metered elsewhere. What's the big deal?

Back