Roku, Chromecast with Google TV, Amazon Fire Stick in Argentina

Can Roku with Fibertel access US Amazon Prime? Where is the vpn?

After several years of working very well my Chromecast started sputtering badly a couple of weeks ago. Neither Intel nor Lenovo nor Chromecast were able to help me fix it. My Firestick works but has serious synching problems and it has no synch adjustment. So I need a new casting device.

Last edited:
Can Roku with Fibertel access US Amazon Prime? Where is the vpn?

After several years of working very well my Chromecast started sputtering badly a couple of weeks ago. Neither Intel nor Lenovo nor Chromecast were able to help me fix it. My Firestick works but has serious synching problems and it has no synch adjustment. So I need a new casting device.
Roku doesn't support on device VPNs, you'll have to put one on your router if you'd like to access US content, or replace your Fire TV

Is it possible to put a vpn on a fibertel router?
Probably not, depending on the router model itself, but i present to you Exhibit A:

VPN...but then why don't you just get argentine amazon prime...?

Currently my tv uses a wireless signal from my router. Would I have better streaming if they were connected by HDMI? What about an Android box connected by HDMI?

Currently my tv uses a wireless signal from my router. Would I have better streaming if they were connected by HDMI? What about an Android box connected by HDMI?
Pretty much every standalone streaming device is connected to TV by HDMI.
Do you want to connect it to the router by ethernet cable instead of wifi?

Pretty much every standalone streaming device is connected to TV by HDMI.
Do you want to connect it to the router by ethernet cable instead of wifi

Yes, would I have better streaming if I connected the router to the tv by ethernet cable?
If I had an Android box, directly connected to the tv it would eliminate transmitting from my computer to a device. Would that help my streaming?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nlaruccia Expat Life 30
F Expat Life 6
Back