Rompan Todo- netflix series on Latin American music

Ries

Registered
There is a very interesting series on Netflix right now that is about the history of rock and roll in Latin America, but with a distinctly Argentine slant. This is mainly because the three main people involved, Gustavo Santalolla, Picky Tallarico, and Nicholas Entel, are all Argentine. They try to contrast Argentina with Mexico, and sprinkle in a bit of other countries, but keep the focus on Argentina for much of it.
It is a musical, cultural, and political history, compressed into six episodes, with lots of music, so, of course, it leaves a lot out- but it still manages to teach me a lot of new things.
Starting with the cover bands that played english language rock songs from the US and the UK, it follows the scene, and has a peanut gallery of old stars giving contemporary commentary.
It bounces back between Mexico and Argentina, occasionally visiting Chile, or Peru, but largely leaving out the whole caribbean part of Latin music- that would take at least another six episodes.

I found it quite entertaining.
Nothing like seeing Charly Garcia, last year, propped up in his leopard print sport coat, with a joint in one hand,giving you the finger from his apartment across from Alto Palermo.
Or seeing Los Beatniks play in the back of a truck, while driving thru the microcento.

There is a very interesting series on Netflix right now that is about the history of rock and roll in Latin America, but with a distinctly Argentine slant. This is mainly because the three main people involved, Gustavo Santalolla, Picky Tallarico, and Nicholas Entel, are all Argentine. They try to contrast Argentina with Mexico, and sprinkle in a bit of other countries, but keep the focus on Argentina for much of it.
It is a musical, cultural, and political history, compressed into six episodes, with lots of music, so, of course, it leaves a lot out- but it still manages to teach me a lot of new things.
Starting with the cover bands that played english language rock songs from the US and the UK, it follows the scene, and has a peanut gallery of old stars giving contemporary commentary.
It bounces back between Mexico and Argentina, occasionally visiting Chile, or Peru, but largely leaving out the whole caribbean part of Latin music- that would take at least another six episodes.

I found it quite entertaining.
Nothing like seeing Charly Garcia, last year, propped up in his leopard print sport coat, with a joint in one hand,giving you the finger from his apartment across from Alto Palermo.
Or seeing Los Beatniks play in the back of a truck, while driving thru the microcento.
Thanks for this!

Back