Root Canal Recommendation (Emergency)

samsam

Registered
Has anyone had one in BA? Can you recommend someone?

I put it off for a while as the pain wasn't bad. I just woke up with pain so extreme I can barely stand it. 2 Ibuprofens have done nothing.

I had really strange price quotes here before as well- exactly 1000 USD from 2, annd 5000-7000 pesos from a few others. I waited to investigate it a bit more and here I am.

Thank you so much in advance.

regarding prices - you can get root canal done by an endodontist for less than 100 USD here. (when going "particular" , most dentistry is done under "obra social")

I put it off for a while as the pain wasn't bad. I just woke up with pain so extreme I can barely stand it. 2 Ibuprofens have done nothing.

I had really strange price quotes here before as well- exactly 1000 USD from 2, annd 5000-7000 pesos from a few others. I waited to investigate it a bit more and here I am.

For the pain ask the pharmacist for a pill you insert under the tongue .. special for toothaches. Ketorolaco trometamina 30 mg.
Guess will have to wait until monday 4th.for dentist

There are emergency 24hr dentists but they will only do something to get you to a proper appointment. Something similar happened to me a few Christmases ago and I ended up in a somewhat shoddy emergency dentist. He did an OK job of simply covering the exposure until I had the root canal a couple of weeks later with Dr. Pelcman.

The one I went to I am unsure if it is even an emergency place anymore, and I am reluctant to reccomend because I am not 100% on the quality of the place (I was desperate and frankly didn't care if I had gone to Freddy Kruger's 24hr dentists). However, it was Consultario Luro and I just checked they are open until 6pm tonight. However, I would say just Google 24 hour emergency dentist and see which ones are open and close to your location. May also be worth giving a call before you visit too.

In the meantime, the pill mentioned above does help but for the few days I was suffering with my teeth I was taking around 10 ibuprofens each day and a couple of those ketorolaco. Funny old thing pain, makes you lose your sense.

I can recommend a first-rate, deeply trustworthy, and affordable dentist in BA if you want.

Ugh I'm sorry this happened right now. Most private dental emergency rooms are going to make you pay the gringo price, if you have a local friend, get her to call a few of them. You can Google " urgencias odontologicas near me " and check out the ones with good ratings ( 4 stars plus ), If you can't find anything decent, you always have UBA Odontologia ( the public university dental clinic open 24/7 ) that will do whatever you need for free (Marcelo Torcuato de Alvear 2125, C1122AAG, C1122 AAG, Buenos Aires ) and very cheaply ( just materials ). You also have Hospital Carrillo ( public at Hosp Rivadavia's building ) ) that is very good and free: Sánchez de Bustamante 2529, C1425 CABA

Usually if there is pain ( a lot of it ) there might be an infection, so chances are that they will just give you an antibiotic and analgesic. Sometimes the Dr. will just drill a tiny hole and that is enough to release the pressure and will make it tolerable for a couple of days. Other times the Dr. will simply kill the nerve and remove it under local anesthesia. Keep in mind that a good root canal takes a very skilled Dr. You may want to take one of these alternatives until you find the right one. Best of luck!

Thank you so much everyone. I'm checking the recommendations availability. If anyone else has others, please please please let me know, so far noone answers the phone.

Thank you so much everyone. I'm checking the recommendations availability. If anyone else has others, please please please let me know, so far noone answers the phone.
You can just show up to any of the public dental hospitals and they will take care of it, they are both in Recoleta.

Back