Root Canal Recommendation (Emergency)

Listerine contains all the " bad ingredients " listed in the article, if the article is true, Listerine should be avoided.

on the high seas when we had a problem we crushed a simple asperin into the tooth. slow pressure and saliva. good luck. antibotics if your jaw was swollen. good luck

Thank you so much everyone. I'm checking the recommendations availability. If anyone else has others, please please please let me know, so far noone answers the phone.
Samsam - First, sympathies. I've had two root canals, but both in the USA so I am sorry but I have no advice on dentists to give. Oddly, though people always make a fuss about root canal work as if it were dreadfully painful, I did not - in answer to someone else's question - experience any more pain than a usual filling. I am wondering if you can let us know how things go with your root canal (hopefully very soon) and whether you can offer a dental recommendation when all is said and done.

Update:
A dentist saw me new year's eve day and took out the filling in the tooth causing the pain. They x-rayed first because it wasn't apparent which tooth was causing the inflamation.
They went a little further after that because they said it wasn't bad enough they'd need to wait to remove the nerve. So they tarped off my mouth like a mini surgery and out came the nerve, which looked like a 1 inch piece of black thread. That yank was a little painful.

They filled it with a little "medicine" which you can barely see a white spec at the top of the tooth. Otherwise it's smooth like before.

They then said they would do the rest of the root canal/cap (not sure if that's they same thing, anyone know?) within 1 week. It's scheduled for Wednesday. They told me to take 1 antibiotic pill each day for 7 days to help ensure it doesn't become inflamed again. So I picked those up at a pharmacy, no rx required.

The pain went from 10 to 1. Now it feels like I had a cavity filling. These last few days have been bliss, but I only eat soft food like yogurt as tapping the top of that tooth is sensitive. They suggested that medicine called ketorolaco, which came in a 10mg pill, but also said Ibuprofen was good. They said the ketorolaco was a little more directed at the tooth pain, but the ibuprofen seems to give more relief. I have thankfully only needed 1 every other day so far.

This all cost 5000 pesos, and I'm told the root canal/cap will cost 9000 pesos when we do that this week.

I'll report back after Wednesday. I'll also plug the dentist after I ask them if they mind that I post their name on a public forum.

If anyone has any tips about what to ask or watch for in this final part/root canal/cap I would love to hear it. Because some dentists told me the price would depend on whether it needs 3 or 4 items or just 1. I don't understand why you wouldn't need a cap or such if you had a root canal, but I couldn't get a clear answer so far.

Again, thanks so much to everyone concerned that wrote. It felt good to have the info I got so far.

sounds like they are talking about the number of roots in the tooth, which depending on the type of tooth (they can have between 1 to 4 roots)
A crown is suggested to be put on a root canaled tooth, due to sometimes there isn't enough tooth structure to support a filling or in case the tooth weakens and cracks. its not just a cap, the original tooth is ground down and the crown placed on top.

I use Listerine twice a day. Once in the morning after brushing and at night before going to bed. Listerine has been around for over 100 years. it was recommended to me by my NYC dentist. I use the one with alcohol, “Cool Mint”. It helps to disinfect and kills germs.
You have to use it for 60 seconds each time for it to work. Read the label on the bottle.

Wow, Listerine is expensive in Argentina. I've been using Fernet as mouthwash. And then you can just swallow it.

Back