Rude audience in Village Recoleta

i saw "tree of life" recently, downtown, at the premier. (one of my favorite movie theaters in BA) the audience was very quiet but perhaps that was because no one had a pulse?

worst movie i ever saw. i dragged my husband there, and i'm still paying for it.

puvenlee said:
I watched Hugo 3D there on a Sunday. Very nice experience. Much better sound and screen than CineMark.
I found the audience nice too, very little noise and we applaused at the end.

Seats are comfortable and there is room for your legs unlike most CineMark where you have to do Yoga to let a late comer in.
My experience exactly. I find audiences here much more polite than in other parts of the world.

gsi16386 said:
Have you been to the Cinema at the D.O.T.?? That place is awesome!! They have reclining chairs like LayZBoys in there and it's ALWAYS been a great experience. I was even forced to watch Los Pitufos with the girlfriend and walked out with a smile on my face :)

What and where is the D O T.

Thanks

I remember seeing a movie in English with Spanish subtitles where the whole audience was in hysterics before me as they could read the subtitles quicker than the conversation took place on the screen.
I then started laughing heartily when the conversation got to the funny bit, but looked like the idiot who'd only just got the joke!

AngelinBA said:
I remember seeing a movie in English with Spanish subtitles where the whole audience was in hysterics before me as they could read the subtitles quicker than the conversation took place on the screen.
I then started laughing heartily when the conversation got to the funny bit, but looked like the idiot who'd only just got the joke!

Oh, that's too funny! I remember that happening a lot. But in some movies, like when I saw "The Hangover 2" at Abasto, my American ass was the only one laughing loudly at some of the jokes, even though the theater was packed. Sometimes, there just isn't any translation that works. My boyfriend told me that he likes watching American movies and shows with me because I can explain all of the American humor--the old pop culture references, inside jokes, etc. Even my English roommate one time had to ask me about a joke made about Appalachia on an episode of "Friends." You don't realize how much of that there is until you watch your home country's movies and TV shows in a foreign country.

"Tree of Life" and "Melancholia" are numbers 1 and 2 on my list of movies that other people hated but I am pretty sure I"ll love. I feel like I have to add that after admitting that I saw "The Hangover 2" in the theater. ;)

Back