Running Club?

Hey everyone- I believe I started this thread, but got busy and failed to act on my idea. I'm still interested and would love to start something up!
Although hash house runners already has a club, I'd like to start a group of runners that would like to train for the Buenos Aires Marathon (or half). The training will start on the week of June 19th in order to be ready for the October 9th marathon. We'd be following "Bart Yasso's race-tested intermediate marathon-training program" from Runner's World.
This is a great opportunity to meet people and to have an accountability group.
I'd hope to have weekday morning runs in Lagos de Palermo and around that area. Long run days would be Saturdays and we could run to Reserva Ecologica.
Any level is welcome and we don't have to all run in a group if paces vary. The first week looks like this: easy 4, 6 miles hills (if we can find some), easy 4, easy 4, and 7 miles Long Slow Distance.
If you're interested, you have time to work up to that level!
I'll post again when it gets closer to starting time.

I would be interested in training for the half marathon. I don´t think my schedule would allow me to dedicate enough time for the training I need for a full-marathon and I probably couldn´t make it out everyday that you guys are training. Anyone else interested in doing the half?

I would also like to start training for the half marathon. I ran it last year but havent been running as much lately. Ideally, 730pm would be best for me but depending on what time you guys were thinking in the morning, I may be able to make it. I am going back to the US for a few weeks at the end on June but I would like to start with you guys when I get back! Just let me know - [email protected].

I would be up for the long runs in La Reserva. I did the Santiago marathon in Chile last month and I'm currently training for the Reykjavik marathon in August. I also plan to run the BsAs half and full marathon as well this year....

Hey everyone, PM me if you want to join me for Monday, Wednesday, or Friday 8 am run around Lagos de Palermo (5-7 miles). If you're training for the half, I think our short runs will still correlate. BALife, I'm doing the Buenos Aires marathon, but this is only my second marathon. I'll be doing my long runs from Palermo and ending up at the reserve. Let me know if you'd like to run together for part of it...or I could take the subte and meet you there. I'm assuming you're faster, and would love to improve my pace!

Were you guys successful in starting a running group? I have a fitness client who is training for a half marathon. Currently, I am unavailable to train her, but am desperately searching for a running group for her to join.

PLEASE PM me with info about your group!!!!

Hi -- I'm going to be in BA to run the Media Marathon on Sept 11. I'd love to meet up with some expats before or after the race. Is anyone else here running it?

Hi , i am running 2/3 times a week Bosques de palermo on the track however would love to meet running partners and adventure different areas , look forward to hearing from you

regards Dennis

Hey!! I would love to join you guys! I always want to go for a run but its always better when u have someone with you! I live on Armenia/ Palermo basically.. Let me know!! e-mail: [email protected] :)

Back