Russian Nuclear Reactors And Military Bases In Argentina

Cristina knows what's best. Russian military bases. Splendid idea.

(from the article) Russia also hopes to build bases in Argentina for its satellite system and cooperate over the use of military technology

I don't think two parts of this sentence are related. Russia wants to build ground-based monitoring stations for GLONASS - russian GPS system. Russians already have one station like that in Brazil. Hardly it qualifies as a "military base" in a usual sense.

But hang on...Putin is going to toss in a free Concordski and a Russian Space Shuttle with each new reactor deal. Used very, very lightly.
hhahahah Chernobyl "fire Sale" reactors...!

I dont think the military bases is good inforrmation. I dont think thats gonna happen. At least not under this government.
I find good to establish relationships with other than traditional powers. I like the US being challanged by other power, I like Argentina having now the Russia card to play, as well as the China card.
Its a world changing, the US no longer controls this area of the world as they did. This was an historic area of influence for the US, their "back yard", they controlled governments for decades, they put dictatorships, killed thousands along the continent.

I celebrate this change. Of course we have to be careful with these new powers. But I rather a multipolar world than one empire everywwhere.

Argentina was historically tied to BRITAIN, not the US. This was a defacto British colony until Peron. As for the Russian military bases, the liberal NY Times has reported the same.

Argentina was historically tied to BRITAIN, not the US. This was a defacto British colony until Peron. As for the Russian military bases, the liberal NY Times has reported the same.

When I said killed thousands, impose dictatorships, control governments, made a "back yard" with all its meaning, I obvioulsy wasnt talking of the UK. The US occupied the british place in the 20s.

Back