Russian Nuclear Reactors And Military Bases In Argentina

Ha,ha...The next fuel to proper the Automobiles are the Fuel cells, ( Hydrogen ) and Toyota will launch those vehicle for sale in Japan and US+EU in late this year into 2015. It only takes a few minute to charge up those tank and can go over 600 km before re-fueling.
And Japanese technology is much admired by advanced nations. Its Nuke plant safety and reliability is the most respected one.
Imagine, time after time, those Nuke plant foundation are shaken by earthquake in the magnitude of recorded 9.0 but those edifices still standing erect. The engineers never took precaution in designing anti wave walls high enough and they ever imagined the "nature force" Tsunami waves that came in at over 10 metres pounding on the plant's buildings knocking down emergency reactor cooling diesel power generators.

http://www.toyota.com/fuelcell/

Ha,ha...The next fuel to proper the Automobiles are the Fuel cells, ( Hydrogen ) and Toyota will launch those vehicle for sale in Japan in late this year into 2015. It only takes a few minute to charge up those tank and can go over 600 km before re-fueling.
And Japanese technology is much admired by advanced nations. Its Nuke plant safety and reliability is the most respected one.
Imagine, time after time, those Nuke plant foundation are shaken by earthquake in the magnitude of recorded 9.0 but those edifices still standing erect. The engineers never took precaution in designing anti wave walls high enough and they ever imagined the "nature force" Tsunami waves that came in at over 10 metres pounding on the plant's buildings knocking down emergency reactor cooling diesel power generators.

http://www.toyota.com/fuelcell/
I could use that for my electric scooter... it takes 8 hours to charge from 0, and the range is only around 45km. :huh: It's Chinese made.

People have opinions about Russian technology as being poorly engineered, often citing Chernobyl while completely omitting other reactor disasters. My point was that if you are going to start qualifying technology on it's failures then you should consider ALL failed technology in the same realm. I used the example of Fusushima and Japanese technology because it was most recent. Certainly, Japanese tech is outstanding, but not infallible.

The other point being that failure can be a positive motivation to learn and change.

Honestly, personally, I would have hoped by now that the collective efforts of the worlds technology would have been better spent developing better batteries to store solar energy. Prototype systems exists but not developed. Sad.

Argentina needs another Nuke like Antarctica needs ice. One................ it needs building standards that don't ooze energy. Two, it needs wind farms. Patagonia is the only place on earth that produces f - 7 winds 24/7. You can get a wind farm up a running in a year or two [maybe 3 because it is Argentina] A nuke will take 10 yrs to build and a life time to decommission. oh, I forgot, Patagonia is where the "Dead Cow " is. There are competitive interests at work.

I could use that for my electric scooter... it takes 8 hours to charge from 0, and the range is only around 45km. :huh: It's Chinese made.

People have opinions about Russian technology as being poorly engineered, often citing Chernobyl while completely omitting other reactor disasters. My point was that if you are going to start qualifying technology on it's failures then you should consider ALL failed technology in the same realm. I used the example of Fusushima and Japanese technology because it was most recent. Certainly, Japanese tech is outstanding, but not infallible.

The other point being that failure can be a positive motivation to learn and change.

Honestly, personally, I would have hoped by now that the collective efforts of the worlds technology would have been better spent developing better batteries to store solar energy. Prototype systems exists but not developed. Sad.

We at Toyota brought the "Hybrid synergy power plant" as the bridge gap till the Fuel cell drive, the Hybrid technology is now embraced from all majour auto makers of the world: Beside the "originator Toyota~Lexus, there came, Nissan-Ford-M-Benz-Hyndai
and and more signing up for the technology. Electric vehicle is good for short jaunt less than 200 miles per charge but once deflated it takes way too long for re-charging to the 8 hours long.. So batteries are no go..The most abundant fuel is Hydrogen and it is the future..I once long ago made the trans-Alaskan trek in the early stage of prototyping test for the Fuel Cell vehicle, we had a tanker or lorry in tow to just in case running out of fuel but it was needed for its intended each leg of more than 400 miles, the FC vehicle fuel mileage was excellent even back then. See the real test story...

http://green.autoblog.com/2009/08/06/toyota-pushes-highlander-fchv-adv-to-431-miles-on-one-tank-of-h/

Cuba is just about to shoot it's foot off in the face reduced marginalization. [or maybe it's a bargaining chip] We shall see.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/16/us-russia-cuba-base-idUSKBN0FL1LZ20140716?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&rpc=76

Well Chernobyl reactors have good sides... Imagine a Lionel Messi with 8 legs... Campeon!
And if you've been paying attention to the news, you will know that each of Messi's legs weighs 100kg.
Spidermessi: the 800kg gorilla/arachnid of international football.

She certainly has a knack for choosing controversial bedfellows.

That said, the Japanese coast and tidal waves are not strangers to each other.

Argentina is fairly low risk on the international scale of national disasters, once the flood planes of the major rivers are avoided.

Argentina is pretty high, though, on the scale of self-inflicted disasters.

Argentina is the Wizard that has successfully turned Gold into Lead for 70 years.

Back