Safe Blue Place?

sasinmendoza

Registered
Hi guys,
Next week i would like to change some euros and dollars at a safe place in BA. I don't want to walk on Florida if you know what I mean. I live near Palermo, can anybody recommend me a nice place that i can trust?
greetings sas

Out of curiosity, what's the concern with exchanging on Florida? I've seen a few people voice concerns, and I don't understand it. Florida's been great to me - always get 20 centavos off the daily blue with no problems...

The other stories I've heard of people getting into cars and exchanging with strangers seems far worse to me.

Hi guys,
Next week i would like to change some euros and dollars at a safe place in BA. I don't want to walk on Florida if you know what I mean. I live near Palermo, can anybody recommend me a nice place that i can trust?
greetings sas
Start by asking your local merchants with whom you do business regularly and with whom you feel friendly. If they won't buy your USD, they will likely know a nearby cueva.
Out of curiosity, what's the concern with exchanging on Florida? I've seen a few people voice concerns, and I don't understand it. Florida's been great to me - always get 20 centavos off the daily blue with no problems...

The other stories I've heard of people getting into cars and exchanging with strangers seems far worse to me.
It could be beginner's luck that, as a newcomer, you have not yet been burned with a counterfeit note or two. That would be my major concern with dealing with the hawkers who approach strangers (tourists) on Calle Florida. I do use a cueva in Galleria Sol on Florida, but he doesn't employ street hawkers.

The cambio in Galeria Boston (142 Florida - down the stairs on the right) is ok. I heard there was a place in Galieria Pacifico, if anyone knows which local it is please chime in. Or you could try your local chino.

There is a cambio in Palermo right by Alto Palermo (Anasagasti between Santa Fe and Guemes). There is another one in Belgrano on Cabildo and Juramento. Both give a fair rate.

I'd like to compare. What about rates? Last Friday I wanted to sell 200 USD and the rate was 9.40 pesos per dollar ... Sounds too low? Or is it ok?

I go to a Pago Facil on Olazabal (and Cuba y think).

I'd like to compare. What about rates? Last Friday I wanted to sell 200 USD and the rate was 9.40 pesos per dollar ... Sounds too low? Or is it ok?

I go to a Pago Facil on Olazabal (and Cuba y think).

Its relatively low ( - unless you are exchanging big quantities , you should expect around 25-30 cents below the Ambito Financiero rate) but the market is behaving strangely and was virtually closed on Friday.

Still no "official " quotation today Monday - normally you get it about 11am

Today NO Rate.....??? wow

Dangers a few months ago 2 american tourists went into a galeria to exchange, Cueva was being hed up at gunpoint, they resisted one of them got shot in the butt...!!

Looks like the market is relatively shut down at the moment...

http://www.infobae.com/notas/710353-Incertidumbre-con-el-dolar-libre-en-medio-del-blanqueo-y-la-presion-oficial.html

I hate to say I told you so. But I did and Fried Turkey said it would be back to normal on Monday. He should go back to frying chicken. Speaking of chickens:

The Closure of the Blue Market is the Chickens coming home to roost for the Perma-Tourists.

chicken_slaughter.jpg

Back