Safe way to post items to Argentina?

DHL's service from Argentina to Europe is a mess, too. A friend of mine forgot her credit card at home and had it sent to France via DHL's three-day service. Took over three weeks to reach her - when she complained, she received no apology and no price adjustment.

DHL is an unholy mess. It is a stupidly run company, too. It would be much better to offer a price adjustment than to lose a client, and many referrals.

FedEx is far better and far more reliable, and charges the same.

I would recommend FedEx as well - got a package shipped here, arrived in 3 days, delivered to my door, the portero signed for it and zero headaches.

Ojo with a camera lens though - i would guess you would have some pretty hefty import taxes if you put what it is on the paperwork.

The posts about DHL surprise me, as we have been working with them on a monthly bases for years and we never had problems. We always ship our important documents with them (like B/L's).

Once our goods were broken (because in the shop they didn't pack them well) but they paid us back the full amount of the goods plus the shippingcosts. Without any fuss.

Here in Argentina the packages are always delivered at the office.

BTW, they don't have a 3-day service to from Argentina to Europe : the fastest way is 5 working days.

I don't know if I would send a camera lens though. Let us know how it went!

Back