Sailing Certificate-Habilitación De Timonel De Vela Y Motor

gpop

Registered
I'm currently in the middle of a helmsman's course (under sail or motor) in a private nautical school, with a Prefectura Naval Argentina exam coming up by the end of November.
Has anyone taken this exam here? I'm not sure what to expect or what I ought to be focusing on.
I'm taking the course in spanish, so it's like learning a double language (nautical terms in spanish), and I must say... understanding the course in it's entirety is not what I thought it would be. I'm struggling to understand the theoretical material, and the practical aspect to some degree as well.

I tried to get my argie wife to help me to understand the material, but she doesn't get the nautical aspects so it's hard for her to explain it to me. Usually, with other things I don't have a problem with comprehension, but this has me stymied.

If anyone has the time or inclination to help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I finished this course a few months ago. I can help you out. Just tell me what you need. I went to Barlovente Club de Veleros.
Talk to you soon!
Bye!

Where are you taking the course ? Where do you live ? Where do you plan to take the test , at what prefectura ? There are books for cruisers that translate nautical terms from Spanish to English. www.cruisingguidepublications.com

Where are you taking the course ? Where do you live ? Where do you plan to take the test , at what prefectura ? There are books for cruisers that translate nautical terms from Spanish to English. www.cruisingguidepublications.com

1..http://www.isndf.com.ar
2..villa del parque
3..the theoretical test will be in the classroom with a proctor from a prefectura, the practical test will be in San Isidro @ Amigos de YPF club, don't know what prefectura.

That link doesn't work but http://www.cruisingguides.com does . And I found a "Spanish for Cruisers", I'm sure that it could be helpful, although I'm not sure that it will resolve my immediate needs. I will definately look into it though, thanks cbonanni.

gpop,

I am not in Bs AS at the moment , but would have liked to help you , as I know the theoretical well. I have a US captains license. Good luck and I am interested in how you do. Have many sailing friends in Bs AS , although not sure any of them could help. Best of luck to you !! Btw , the book you found , Spanish for Cruiser , helped me a lot , with my Arg wife , who is a good sailor , but did not know the english sailing terms. Now , I know them in Spanish !!

Back