Salads...a Big Problem In Bsars

Went to kansas today and had an awful excuse for a ceaser salad. Far from decent.

Wow - went back to the States the end of January; really enjoyed my one month stay in BA and will return next year - anything to avoid the weather we came home to...it was in the 80s when I flew to Bogota, 60s when I left there, and dag nabit, it was 25 F with snow blowing all the way from Detroit Metro Airport for 78 miles to home at Port Huron, MI.

Its nice to see that all the usual suspects are posting and complaining about something as mundane as a salad.

One of the things I enjoy when I travel (other then the beautiful women in the country) is the experience of eating different dishes. My wife started me on an international variety of foods; beginning in Bogota. Heck I never ate anything but desert souffles but several years ago we went to a restaurant that specialized in souffles several blocks from my step-son's apartment in Paris. Try a chorizo and artichoke souffle sometime - delicious.

One of the things I enjoyed about our trip to BA is the diversity of restaurants - I bet I could eat out everynight in Palermo and not go to the same restaurant twice in a year; and the cuisine is very diverse.

Some of you need to cut the apron strings of back home and get out there and enjoy the different cuisines available. So the salad was passe; but I can tell you that the Paccheri agli Asparagi made by Guiliano's in Palermo (Sinclair y Cervino) is absolutely divine; and that's just one dish in one restaurant...

I have never been to Kansas- but I had one of the most amazing salads of my life last week in Palermo- well, actually two of the most amazing salads- we ordered and shared a lomo and brie salad, and the langostino salad, at Butcher, on Costa Rica across from Teguii.
But recently I had good salads at several places here.
They are out there.

I never complain about salads here, I have a great kitchen and make salad all the time. I love salad.
N

Best restaurant salads I've had in Buenos Aires were from Amici Miei at Defensa 1072 (above Plaza Dorrego). And their mushroom risotto with truffle oil is the best I have ever eaten - anywhere.

La Fleur

cwo4uscgret said:
I can tell you that the Paccheri agli Asparagi made by Guiliano's in Palermo (Sinclair y Cervino) is absolutely divine; and that's just one dish in one restaurant...

Gulie

Caesar salads almost everywhere are disappointing, not only here. I agree with TomAtAlki. I have great salads I make daily in my kitchen!
I have had great "normal" salads at many places here.

One thing we have to accept is that different people have different tastes and standards.

Some people find 50 Shades of Grey to be good literature.
Some people find going with the family to Six Flags, then shopping at the outlet mall and having dinner at Apple Bee's to be a vacation of a lifetime.
Some people find Justin Bieber to be a great musician.
Some people find watching golf on television to be a good form of entertainment.
Some people find Argentine cuisine to be good.

All I can say is that I find their taste weird, and unexplainable. but hey, that is just me. And what the hell do I know?

Back