Salary advice for admin assistant

JWB said:
WAY WAY LOW! I own a recruitment company and just placed 2 Admin's in Buenos Aires. 1 for a small company 15 employees and the other for a company with 25. small company - 8000 pesos gross. large company - 10000 gross.

If you are desperate and need the money and job...ok, but there are plenty of other jobs out there.

Send me a DM and I'll reply back with my email and you can send me your resume. I have a few projects I am working on that are looking for native English speakers.
Thanks for the information. I sent you a PM...

JWB, out of interest what would the net amounts be for those two salaries you mentioned? Thanks!

CarverFan said:
JWB, out of interest what would the net amounts be for those two salaries you mentioned? Thanks!

Not sure exactly the net but I would guess around 5500 / 7500. Havent looked at the tax code lately for employees.

Please don't take a job planning to sue the employer over a salary you agreed to. Don't become part of the problem. If you don't feel the wage is fair, don't accept the job.

As an employer I can tell you it's very hard for expats to find good jobs. I've gotten CVs from some highly qualified expats that haven't landed a job months after our initial contact.

I agree. If you feel uncomfortable taking the job because the wage is too low, just turn down the offer and look for something better.

jb5 said:
Please don't take a job planning to sue the employer over a salary you agreed to. Don't become part of the problem. If you don't feel the wage is fair, don't accept the job.

These are the wisest words expressed in this forum with regards to any question of "Is the salary fair?"

AMEN to the above. Suing should be for exceptional situations, not part of the status quo.

And seriously - 10K a month for an admin assistant? That's more than a lot of senior managers make at companies.

fifs2 said:

These are the wisest words expressed in this forum with regards to any question of "Is the salary fair?"

No one is talking about suing anyone over a salary! I think I will not accept the offer after all because I don't believe this company is offering me what I'm worth in this market, or even anything remotely close to that. Thanks to everyone for the advice.

JWB said:
WAY WAY LOW! I own a recruitment company and just placed 2 Admin's in Buenos Aires. 1 for a small company 15 employees and the other for a company with 25. small company - 8000 pesos gross. large company - 10000 gross.
This is what a civil (licensed) engineer with 10-15 years of experience get when working for an American or European company (I know for a dead cert, that Siemens is paying an argentino civ. ing. AR$ 7,800/month) and I, having almost 30 years exp., was offered AR$ 11,000 (no thanks! to working a month for 3½ days income at home).

Define an "Admin".

I think the salary is low but not crazy-low or exploitively-low, as the OP asked. Experience or not, after all, it is a job as a secretary for 5 people.

Back