Salary advice for admin assistant

I'm still trying to wrap my head around a small company paying a 10K salary to an admin assistant. :confused: Either I'm WAY out of touch or that is insane.

For a bi-lingual admin ass't, I would pay around 4K a month. Exec assistant would make more but that's a different skill set.

mellowshipslinky said:
whoa - there seems a massive disparency in wages going on around here. I was offered 2 I.T. roles in recent months the highest was ~7500 a month.

Just out of curiosity JWB do you have I.T. roles, and what sort of wage would a geek with ~10 years experience bring in?

Actually, I agree and it seems that IT wages aren't following the upward trend. Though I have seen SW Engineers making 10000 plus in some companies.

What type of background do you have specifically? One of my clients is looking for consultants with strong IT/SW backgrounds. You would have to travel though.

JWB said:
Actually, I agree and it seems that IT wages aren't following the upward trend. Though I have seen SW Engineers making 10000 plus in some companies.

What type of background do you have specifically? One of my clients is looking for consultants with strong IT/SW backgrounds. You would have to travel though.

IT salaries are horrid here, even if you work at a big multinational company. As an IT pro you are better off working on your own. Just run a few searches in Google AR for Salarios IT and you will be ( unpleasantly ) surprised to see how the guy that sweeps the sidewalks makes more money...

What I can't figure out is how a local could feasibly make ends meet on a salary like this, especially when you consider the rampant inflation withering peoples' spending power every year. This salary is peanuts really, and this city is by no means cheap. I probably could use a little budgeting advice because outside of meats
and Argentine cheeses/local favorites like tostaditas and dulce de leche, food and produce prices here seem to be on par with those of the US and Europe despite the lower value of the peso.

How people here regularly consume varied types of nutritious food is a mystery to me. Maybe they don't.

For a bilingual secretary English and Spanish written and spoken at least 4000 pesos though Iam not at the moment aware of wages but 2700 is not a salary for a bilingual secretary.

There are always jobs for bilingual secretary I worked for many years as a secretary you only need to find the right one for you.
Reina

Back