Santiago vs BA

I do know places in Brasil, Chile and Peru where you can get denied on the colour of your skin, those stuff does happen in some places, they just don't happen to me and are not a concern for me.

Is not about defending, if you put it that way i could say why some folks attack all the time Buenos Aires...
Where has anyone "attacked" BA in this thread?

I see very aggressive defending of BA, but more general descriptions of Santiago. But happy to be corrected with examples.

I've been living here most of my life and I'm 40 so I think I know better. And I used to be part of that cultural movement in the past, so that's why I know what I'm talking about, THEY DO EXIST, but mainly for locals. I've been in those places many times, all those places DO EXIST if you are into that, most people couldnt care less about it, and that's fine, but saying it's a myth it's just plain ignorance. I guess Fuerza Bruta in Union Square in New York is just an illusion and my father been an opera singer in teatro colon for over 50 years, singing next with all the stars in the world is just a lie, right? Probably el chabon knows better, right...

expatinowncountry said:
Have you read "El Chabon"? Ha has been here for SEVEN years and he knows better... fuerza bruta, de la guarda, Konex, El Rojas, underground places for rock, theater, etc all those places and theater groups do not exist. They are part of mythological Buenos Aires a much better place than actual Buenos Aires... a way over rated place

El chabon said:
What are those vibrant and cultured places in BA?

If you don't know yet, it's hardly worth trying to explain. You are not a newcomer. But to give you a clue i had a brilliant night on Saturday watching an excellent blues/ rock band at the Gato Viejo, and went to a top class Flamenco show at Boris club tonight. Both for 40 to 50 pesos. Incredible!!

Comparing Santiago to BsAs is an apples to oranges comparison. Everyone should try both! Pick whichever you prefer best (as both are clearly awesome!!).

MikeMike said:
Comparing Santiago to BsAs is an apples to oranges comparison. Everyone should try both! Pick whichever you prefer best (as both are clearly awesome!!).

And get bored to death in Santiago!!! You choice.

Hey, I have/had fun in Santiago AND Buenos Aires. Love them both. Not sure what you do when you go to Santiago, but I enjoy it quite a bit. To each his own, I guess.

Mano Negra said:
And get bored to death in Santiago!!! You choice.

Though the most boring city in entire Latin America..has to be Montevideo..hands down!

I have good memories of some good time in Santiago. But only have boring memories of MV.

Ceviche said:
Though the most boring city in entire Latin America..has to be Montevideo..hands down!

I have good memories of some good time in Santiago. But only have boring memories of MV.

Boring people have boring memories

MVD is not boring atleast not in the weekend.

Try finding for example the equivalent of Lotus club in BA

Back