Saying hello....and bball courts question

dk_inBA

Registered
Hola,

My name is Daniel (26yo from Australia) and I've been here in BSAS for the last month and a half. I started out doing a language course for a month, but now I'm just doing a little bit of work while trying to find other things to do to help me learn the language and experience BSAS.

Prior to arriving here I was riding my bike throughout the US and Canada for 5months, so I thought I'd have a change of pace and stay in one spot for a while, and here I am!

One question I have to those in the know.....where could I find some basketball courts in Buenos Aires? I'm currently living in an apartment in Balvanera (near Callao station on the B-line).

OK cool,

caio

dk.

Just letting ppl know that I found one outdoor court on Gral. R. Freire y C. Arenal, pretty close to the Carranza subte station on the D line, or you can catch the 140 along Cordoba and then get off when you hit Dorrego.

I've been there a few times now and there's usually some ppl to play pick up games with, especially around 5pm it seems like.

If anyone knows of some indoor courts, closer to the Congresso area, it'd be much appreciated.

Caio!

dk.

You mean the surface of the court right? Yeh, it's OK, exactly the same as we have back in the schoolyard in australia - it's uneven in some places, but within the 3point line it seems to be OK. But yeh, it's no wooden floorboard surface that's for sure:)

If you guys want to organize a pickup game one day I would def be in...need to break out the hightops again.

I meant more like, how did you encounter/come across it?

Just walking around and it was there?

I would totally love to play hoopz this week.

dk_inBA said:
You mean the surface of the court right? Yeh, it's OK, exactly the same as we have back in the schoolyard in australia - it's uneven in some places, but within the 3point line it seems to be OK. But yeh, it's no wooden floorboard surface that's for sure:)

hey, Ive been living here for four months and am from oakland also. me and some buddies play there quite a bit, although less now during the holidays. generally like tues thurs at 6. theres always a run going on though, even if it isnt very quality.

Hey all, I've lived here three months, but new to the forum. I have been craving basketball as well, and I figured coming down here that since so many people love Manu Ginobili, it would be easy to find a place to play some ball. Unfortunately that isn't the case, but I would love to meet up with some expats for a pick up game, or even just to shoot around. Let me know if you are interested!

Hi guys!
As I've answered to Stephen....I play with some friends every saturday in a little park in Barracas, we've got a relatively good level for amateur basketball...there's a guy from Seattle that's injured actually. The point is how much spanish do you speak? All boys playing are locals, except the one I mentioned, there are also two or three guys that speak a little of English...
The park is in California and Velez Sarsfield Av corner, the name is "Parque Pereyra", we meet every saturday at 4:00 or 4:30 PM in summer and play for 2 to 3 hours.
It's not the best place to play (since it's maintained by the city government), it's a kind of "street basketball" court, but people come here only interested in playing basketball. There are also another groups of amateur basketball players:
- the group of "Manu ginobili forum" offen plays in "parque sarmiento"...but I don´t know anything of them...
- I can ask for another groups if you're interested, since they're difficult to find in internet...

just joined but have been living here a month and would love to play some basketball. I'm living in recoleta, so obviously closer to that would be better but anywhere works for me.

Back