Searches at airport?

Question for holders of foreign passport + DNI: how often, if ever, did having a DNI come to the attention of the customs officer?
(by the X-ray machine, not at immigration of course)

They always examine both at immigration, but the customs folks haven't asked for my DNI in ~50 trips since 2007.

To be clear, while on the plane, I was asked if I was carrying more than $300 USD or $300 in goods. I said no. They never offered me a custom form.
Once at EZE, the sent us to the B terminal that is under modeling. The gringo lane was real slow, the gringo lane for folks with out the stamp was fast because they were few and sent directly to the customs counter. Meanwhile we waited 45-60 minutes, and finally people started leaving the no Argie section to the resident section. Customs could not have cared less. No questions. no papers. Smile for the camera and go.
At luggage I grabbed and went. No issues. ( and my bags and wallet were FULL)

Friend of mine arrived on Monday.

Customs was painfully slow and inefficient, but did not pay too much attention to luggage.
They asked if the total amount of stuff brought in was over U$D 300. Stupid looks were enough to get waved through.

ETA downtown was one hour later than expected.

Us argies get the full gestapo treatment.

Hope this helps.

I have the old passport (USA) and never get issues. And to clarify, I have had to add 3additional books to my passport through the last ten years.
It doesn't run through their scanners well and usually has to be manually typed in. I have never gotten grief from this-nor in Mexico earlier this year.

What about "old" passport issues at EZE? My mother traveled to Mexico a couple of months ago and was heavily hassled by immigrations for not having the new passport with the chip, so much so she got a new one right away. I haven't entered Arg since March of this year so I was wondering if this is something new that immigration people are starting to become strict about. Has anyone mentioned this to anyone?

To be clear, while on the plane, I was asked if I was carrying more than $300 USD or $300 in goods. I said no. They never offered me a custom form.
Once at EZE, the sent us to the B terminal that is under modeling. The gringo lane was real slow, the gringo lane for folks with out the stamp was fast because they were few and sent directly to the customs counter. Meanwhile we waited 45-60 minutes, and finally people started leaving the no Argie section to the resident section. Customs could not have cared less. No questions. no papers. Smile for the camera and go.
At luggage I grabbed and went. No issues. ( and my bags and wallet were FULL)

Straight from the ass horse's mouth. :p

Welcome my friend.

Just made it through the airport last night... right after the X-ray machine the worker asked me to open up my bag (which contained about $600 worth of new stuff)... I played dumb and pretended not to speak Spanish. Just looked frustrated and said..."Oh nevermind -- just go!"

I walked away. Heart racing. Smiling.

A quick question as I don't mean to hijack what is an interesting thread.

How much currency can a foreigner bring into Argentina, before questions are asked? I'm presuming there will be forms to be filled in on the plane. Just to add my surname is not Gates and I'm not into money laundering.

Less than 10k.

The real answer is they do not mind hard currency entering the country, only the one leaving it.
Focus is on the locals and not the visitors.

I came in 3 weeks ago with my daughter from the UK with 5 showers and 14 taps. Lol
Yes I got stopped and searched and convinced them the value was under 500 us and eventually they let me go with no customs charges.

Because I use some specialized computers in my business that I can't get here I am often testing the waters. I can tell you that as a foreigner multiple (4+) computers, routers, and other electronics in one bag is enough to trigger an interesting conversation, but I was able to go through with a good story. There is no problem with 1-3 machines and even a couple ipads or the like if it looks like a normal amount in a suitcase. They usually ask me if a certain bag is mine and when I answer yes in english that is the end of it.

For Argentinos it is a different story. Zero tolerance, 100% scrutiny. My guys even came back with a single laptop and nothing else in their bag but clothes on a routine business trip and were tagged for duty.

Be sure to speak english or european language and look clueless as you go through.

I just do not understand why all of you who are committing some sort of fraud are indicating it to others on this website. You must realize others within the government are also reading these same posts too. Some of them will even figure out who you are too if they so desire. Wrong doing - no one benefits however many people will have more problems due to your lack of honesty. You think you are cute but you are making more problems for everyone else. Think about what you are going to do before you really do it. Think about the rest of the population. I hope you really understand what I have said to you.

Back