Secure Money Exchange - Moving To The Us

you can only take dollars out of your dollar bank account if you had put dollars in it. there are certain ATMs in your bank branches that have the option to give you dollars. (not all of them do.)

I have seen that, but they never actually have had dollars in them (when I tried...) but thats cool that the option exists.

you can only take dollars out of your dollar bank account if you had put dollars in it. there are certain ATMs in your bank branches that have the option to give you dollars. (not all of them do.)
No ATM's dispense dollars here and you cannot open a savings account in USD anymore.

well I haven't tried that recently but i still have a dollar account here only no dollars in it any more jaja but last year there were ATMs that dispensed dollars if you had them in your dollar account in that bank. not any more? (why am I not surprised...)

So if I use xoom to transfer from my US account to my friends ARG account, they arent going to put some tax on it will they? I find this might be the only way to get a good rate while I am in the south.

He could try but the Argentine government examines transactions of Argentina-based Paypal accounts,

Can he send you the money via PayPal? He sends from his Argentine PayPal account to your US PayPal account. That will get you the best rate guaranteed.

It´s a bit of a gamble, but a lot of people in Argentina are using Bitcoins.

Back