SELL ME on BA .... please :)

mini said:
So basically you just want to hear good things that support your ideas & decisions?

[extremely difficult to transfer money into the country] Or out of the country.
Like erindanelle, who does exactly that every single month?

double post - don't read this.

If you did read it, in spite of my advice, you owe 2 pesos to the next person who tries to sell you alfajores.:D

rivardco said:
(Colombia was loud as hell too.
200 Danes makes as much noise as 20 Argentinos, 10 Chilenos or 2 Brasileros.

rivardco said:
I must say, I am Fricken amazed at how much dog poop there must be!?!?!
Every sidewalk covered a mile high or more - lucky me, who lived 5 months in BsAs without ever stepping on one - but then I don't keep my eyes closed.

Now live in Mendoza where there - a bit more or less - is one for each 600 sq meter, difficult not to step on'm, got big feet ;)

tangobob said:
I hear on this site of the unfreindliness of the people. I cannot relate to this at all.
After almost exactly one month of membership of baexpats, a certain picture has begun to appear in my mind re. this subject: If you behave like one, you are treated like one.

steveinbsas said:
I bought a two pack (DURACEL ALKALINE) in a Chinese market in Recoleta last week for $13 pesos. If a four pack cost $26 pesos that would still be less than $7 USD.
Ripped off, boyo.

Two weeks ago I bought an 8-pack "Duracell MN1500 LR6 1.5 Volts" (Duracell, div. of P&G, Bethel, CT 06801). LR6 = AA.

That set me AR$ 17.50 back, still got the bill 'cause I also bought a headset w/ 1 yr garantía.

Duracell AA = LR6: single AR$ 3.00 or 2-pack AR$ 5.00, Philips AA 4-pack AR$ 8.00 = 2.00 c/u

4 x 9 V Duracell is AR$ 36.00 or U$S 9.45 (yesterday's exchange rate).

Documentation right here: http://www.smartsysmza.com.ar/carrito/index.php?cPath=76

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinbsas
I bought a two pack (DURACEL ALKALINE) in a Chinese market in Recoleta last week for $13 pesos. If a four pack cost $26 pesos that would still be less than $7 USD.

Ripped off, boyo.

Two weeks ago I bought an 8-pack "Duracell MN1500 LR6 1.5 Volts" (Duracell, div. of P&G, Bethel, CT 06801). LR6 = AA.

That set me AR$ 17.50 back, still got the bill 'cause I also bought a headset w/ 1 yr guarantia.

Duracell AA = LR6: single AR$ 3.00 or 2-pack AR$ 5.00, Philips AA 4-pack AR$ 8.00 = 2.00 c/u

4 x 9 V Duracell is AR$ 36.00 or U$S 9.45 (yesterday's exchange rate).

Documentation right here: http://www.smartsysmza.com.ar/carrit...x.php?cPath=76

Of course it was a ripoff, but as I noted it was at a mercado chino and my post was in response to HYT's post that she paid 12 dollars for a four pack of AA batteries (but she didn't say where). Last month I saw that a four pack at Easy was priced at just under 12 pesos.

John.St said:
After almost exactly one month of membership of baexpats, a certain picture has begun to appear in my mind re. this subject: If you behave like one, you are treated like one.

I have NEVER ever, met an unfriendly Argentine!

Katti, your comment was a joke, right? i dont read enough of these threads to know when someone is joking around.

Ive lived in BA for years and I can say calmly and seriously, I have never met so many horrible human beings in my life! I dread leaving my front door. I just typed some examples from my week, then deleted them. why bother! I know what happened. I know when I leave later, I will have to encounter petty cruelty, selfishness, brutishness, nearly being run over as I cross the street. This is BA and its a dog eat dog society here where they are paranoid, on their guard, untrusting, and all too often, unkind.

Back