Selling an adjustable office chair

After reading the comments....I can see why you might be leaving
I don't think anyone is being harsh on him. Just realistic. All the power if he can sell a USED chair for 100% more than what a brand new one is going for that can get delivered ASAP TODAY to your apartment or wherever you're at. What you paid for it in pesos years ago is not worth what someone will pay now. Especially considering the pesos were worth MUCH more last year or 2 years ago. It's not like this is some designer rare chair. His own receipt shows that.

So much like you're saying don't buy it if you're not interested, if you don't like constructive, helpful responses then just skip over it. It may be offensive or annoying to you but it's helping 100 X more people. That's the entire spirit of these forums on the internet.

I wish the owner of the forum would institute an ignore feature so you could ignore people you didn't want to read. (To include me if you don't like my posts).

I don't think anyone is being harsh on him. Just realistic. All the power if he can sell a USED chair for 100% more than what a brand new one is going for that can get delivered ASAP TODAY to your apartment or wherever you're at. What you paid for it in pesos years ago is not worth what someone will pay now. Especially considering the pesos were worth MUCH more last year or 2 years ago. It's not like this is some designer rare chair. His own receipt shows that.

So much like you're saying don't buy it if you're not interested, if you don't like constructive, helpful responses then just skip over it. It may be offensive or annoying to you but it's helping 100 X more people. That's the entire spirit of these forums on the internet.

I wish the owner of the forum would institute an ignore feature so you could ignore people you didn't want to read. (To include me if you don't like my posts).
I, personally, know this is NOT my forum, the forum is in the care of the participants. This forum is the most intellectual and substantive forum that I have ever experienced. So when I write something then......it has to be respectful of those two qualities and of the people whom I share it with.
Mr. Earlyretirement, who may end up as my best friend, is afflicted with the condition of the overuse of the word "I". This condition results in expressing opinions that are unsolicited and seem to end up centering his financial acumen and ability to own and manage condos, apartments, and houses, and soon we will hear about his leasehold on the Palace of the King of Thailand.....I am waiting.

So I beg everyone to respond to what is important and meaningful.....and ignore that which is a personal search for listeners. I love this forum and in many ways it is a 'home' to me. I love this city and this forum is my teacher. And I just have to love everyone who participates. Thanks for having me.

I, personally, know this is NOT my forum, the forum is in the care of the participants. This forum is the most intellectual and substantive forum that I have ever experienced. So when I write something then......it has to be respectful of those two qualities and of the people whom I share it with.
Mr. Earlyretirement, who may end up as my best friend, is afflicted with the condition of the overuse of the word "I". This condition results in expressing opinions that are unsolicited and seem to end up centering his financial acumen and ability to own and manage condos, apartments, and houses, and soon we will hear about his leasehold on the Palace of the King of Thailand.....I am waiting.

So I beg everyone to respond to what is important and meaningful.....and ignore that which is a personal search for listeners. I love this forum and in many ways it is a 'home' to me. I love this city and this forum is my teacher. And I just have to love everyone who participates. Thanks for having me.
Just living the dream like you Caribbean Cool.

Trying to help others on the journey.

Like I said, if the owner institutes an ignore feature the problem solved. (But you know what? These complainers would find something else to complain about...such is life on Internet forums. I've been a Moderator of large websites with lots of traffic for many years). I'd venture to guess my posts help far more people than annoy. But I don't care if they annoy people either . I've been posting here for 13 YEARS. I'll be here after most ex-pats end up getting priced out of BA with their tail between their legs heading home. If some of them followed my advice on Argentina they would have been all the better prepared to live in Argentina forever with a great retirement.

Thanks for being here. I'm starting to really like you.

PS - I AM going back to Thailand this summer as I loved it so much last year when I went. Do you have a contact with the King of Thailand? If you can do me any favors, you have my WhatsApp.... I am looking for real estate there. Ha, ha. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The chair has been sold.
Congrats Guille! That's awesome. See this is what I like about BA Expats. You come looking to sell/buy an office chair and you get so much more! Who said nothing in life is free. Here on BA Expats the price is right!

The chair has been sold.
That's great you sold the chair. I feel like there are people out there who'll spend 35,000 USD furnishing a 2 bed apartment in BA, but then not realize there are great variations in the quality (and price) of furniture.

As someone who recently purchased an office chair (and went through the process of returning it on ML - don't do this), I can attest that those lower priced chairs are absolute garbage even if they have a HEADREST and ARMRESTS and can be delivered to your apartment within 24 hours.

That's great you sold the chair. I feel like there are people out there who'll spend 35,000 USD furnishing a 2 bed apartment in BA, but then not realize there are great variations in the quality (and price) of furniture.

As someone who recently purchased an office chair (and went through the process of returning it on ML - don't do this), I can attest that those lower priced chairs are absolute garbage even if they have a HEADREST and ARMRESTS and can be delivered to your apartment within 24 hours.
NO, you research and check the brands. That's why I asked the brand name and receipt. You always have to do due diligence. No matter what you're buying and pay a fair price for. I spent $35,000 US on furniture because I went for best brands and best furniture. That's why it cost $35,000. You always have to research and NO excuses now as everything is online to do due diligence.

If you research ahead of time you avoid problems. And Mercado Libre couldn't be easier to return stuff! I was amazed. I bought a 60' LED TV on Mercado Libre and it didn't work. I was amazed how easy it was to return it. They have a return drop off on almost every BLOCK. I just had to take it around the corner. Printed a receipt and voila. My money was back in my account in 2 days.

The key is reading the reviews on Mercado Libre and also asking the brand name and then Googling reviews on that brand/model. ALL the info is out there. You just have to take the time and due diligence to do it.

🤣 🤣 🤣 BaExpats never fails to entertain.

It's a chair being sold for $100. Does it really need this much analysis?
Well said ReplyGuy! It does remind me of my favorite office chair, had it in my office in Texas. When we sold the house, and pretty much everything else, I couldn’t bring myself to sell that Herman Miller Aeron chair! I still have it, it’s in storage in Texas. Not sure if it’d cost less to ship it here or buy one here, but I’m holding on to it until I make the decision, I sure do miss it though!!

Absolutely I agree. And if you're going to throw a price out on a public forum you have to be able to take criticisms and praises on the price that come with it. It's how the internet and free markets work.

its exactly due to these criticisms that people stop posting their prices and to DM for the price. Its extremely annoying the lack of transparency in the asking prices for items on sale in this country.

If someone is interested in buying an item on sale, they can make a lower offer and use references to justify why the seller should accept their lower offer.

Back