Selling land in Argentina

Why don't you just talk to a listings agency like reynolds who sell things to foreigners? It's what they deal with every day and they will set you straight in five minutes, they have offices in recoleta and san isisdro-ish and speak excellentr english.

I am assuming you think that you will get more money with foreigners, but maybe you should put up here where the land actually is and if there are any planning permissions and infrastructure, who knows. someone here might be interested

If if can legally be sold to a foreigner I suggest you list it with Pericles who is an agent with ReMax. He sold two properties for me in just over one year and put the deal together for my current purchase with a ReMax office in another city. He even flew to Bahia Blanca with me (at his own expense) to see the property and has tirelessly worked out some very difficult details with the seller.

simon.richards said:
I am assuming you think that you will get more money with foreigners, but maybe you should put up here where the land actually is and if there are any planning permissions and infrastructure, who knows. someone here might be interested

Looks like a great spot to mention

Patagonia View Investment Properties

Well, actually, besides being a greedy monster with a penchant for chomping on the pockets of unaware foreigners, it is also the fact that I am not in the country, but in the UK.
So, it wouldn't make much sense for me to sell the property to someone who's likely to pay me in pesos, and perhaps even instalments. I'd like to see my money together in one neat wad thanks.
Plus, should the said Argentinian buyer try to run away without paying, I would be too far away to go break their legs ;)
That and all the money transfer malarkey. I've done it once when I bought and wouldn't want to do it again if I can help it. As far as banking systems go, Argentina and the UK could well be in different planets.

steveinbsas said:
Perhaps it's because the Argentines won't pay as much as double the value (as opposed to foreigners).

And, clearly, foreigners can buy land in Argentina.

Originally Posted by mini
I'm not sure why you are "doomed". What is the reason you can't sell to Argentines?

Chubut, near PN Los Alerces. It's 1ha to be developed. PM me if you're interested. We can talk more in detail.

INTEGRAL THERAPY said:
where exactly is it located? and how much

Well, reading the law is the worst advice you can give. The Civil Code has over 4000 articles plus the procedure code plus the leading cases, etc.
Just find a lawyer you can trust, they are not expensive in Argentina.

barkatthesun said:
Well, actually, besides being a greedy monster with a penchant for chomping on the pockets of unaware foreigners, it is also the fact that I am not in the country, but in the UK.
So, it wouldn't make much sense for me to sell the property to someone who's likely to pay me in pesos, and perhaps even instalments. I'd like to see my money together in one neat wad thanks.
Plus, should the said Argentinian buyer try to run away without paying, I would be too far away to go break their legs ;)
That and all the money transfer malarkey. I've done it once when I bought and wouldn't want to do it again if I can help it. As far as banking systems go, Argentina and the UK could well be in different planets.
You should know better if you are Argentine, no real estate transactions are conducted in pesos and in installments!

nikad said:
You should know better if you are Argentine, no real estate transactions are conducted in pesos and in installments!

Excellent point. All transactions I've heard of are made in US dollars at all once, not in installment. I guess the OP should be OK if that his concern.

Back