Send $1500.00 Dollars To The Usa Every Month

Banco Frances says, "Para realizar la transferencia deberá tener los fondos en la cuenta en pesos más la comisión de USD 60 + [background=rgb(255, 255, 204)]IVA[/background] (mínimo de comisión) y USD 25 + [background=rgb(255, 255, 204)]IVA[/background] por el gastos de envío

Haven't done the math, but isn't PayPal the cheaper option??

No even at that price paypal is much more expensive, i make the math for you: Paypal, the total price per 1500 usd is = 1500*1.2 (credit card charge that you could get back at the end of the year but who knows what can change till then) * 1.05 * 5.4 (the rate they take) = 10206 = 6.84 per dollar (of course you can say that the 20% you can get back but that is a year later and who knows what can change in that time)
Bank tranfer Banco Frances: 1500+103 = 1602 *5.31 (rate they take) = 8505 = 5.67 per dollar
Bank tranfer Macro= 1500+35 = 1535 * 5.31 = 8150 = 5.43 per dollar
Ban Tranfer Piano = 1500+ 5 or 4% = 1575 = 8363 = 5.57 (this bank is the only one that don't require you to be their client)

Then you have correo Argentino but they don't work with Europe so i haven't try them, i know that their cost is around 6% and that they have a lower limit around 350 usd i think

Hello. Several here in this thread said they would post back after their Ayuda Familiar process was over with. Wondering how it went? I turned in my paperwork yesterday. After quite a wait, I was informed that I could not send $1500. AmigoArtistico's post was pretty spot on comparing to my experience. After arguing a bit with the executivo de cuentas, I was "supposedly" approved for $1000 but as of now, it's still in process. I was at the bank for over 2 hours yesterday, and I'll be very upset if it's not approved after I sat right there and watched the woman call her boss who said "yes" when she asked "La chica quiere saber si puede transferir $1000."

I was able to send $1500 to my parents in the states twice using Banco Macro, but then they changed the rules, requiring my parents (80 yrs old) to go to the Argentine embasy in New York City to have a document certified, proving that they live in Massachusetts. This was not negotiable. That was the end of that. We are finished with Ayuda Familiar.

I was able to send $1500 to my parents in the states twice using Banco Macro, but then they changed the rules, requiring my parents (80 yrs old) to go to the Argentine embasy in New York City to have a document certified, proving that they live in Massachusetts. This was not negotiable. That was the end of that. We are finished with Ayuda Familiar.
Thanks, AmigoArtistico. I do realize they try to make it as difficult as possible. I won't be at all surprised if they email me telling me I have to bring in this and that. They probably just told me I was approved to get me out of their hair yesterday, and because it was 3 pm. I only started the Ayuda Familiar tramite because I recently had trouble sending money through PayPal. I'll update when I know more.

I wanted to update. My $1000 transaction never went through with Banco Frances, even though they had told me it was approved and should take 48 hours. I emailed and called and emailed and called and they did continue to say that it was approved, but that it just hadn't gone through yet. All they were really doing was giving me the runaround. NO ONE would provide an answer as to why the transaction wasn't going through. After I spoke to the same people multiple times, they finally suggested I come back up to the bank to talk with an Account Executive to see if they might be able to tell me what is going on. Infuriating. I realize the answer is "no" and have given up.

I send through Metropolis bank (or what ever the name used to be Monday gram) they have limit of 300 USD per month, to immediate relative (Mother, Father, sister, brother) for that I had to submit birth certificate, salary slips, and copy of utility bill. It is expensive because of the charges which are more then 450 pesos and official rate which is almost now 6 pesos.. at the end it's more then 2000 pesos to send just 300 USD.

I used to send it through Banco Frances (where my salary account is) and Manager was an arse hole 6 months ago he didn't approve my transaction had hell of a fight with him, and still going on. In the mean time I am paying hell lot of commission.

Another update. This is mainly for those who use the search function and might appreciate the info in the future. My U$ 1000 transaction has now gone through. It just took yet another face-to-face visit, and I'm halfway proud of myself for not giving up. You gotta fight!....for your right!... ok bad Beastie Boys reference.

I actually went to the bank for another issue. My Visa has been rejecting every single transaction via PayPal. EVERY SINGLE ONE. That problem is not solved. Both Visa and bank say nothing is wrong with my account. Obviously the government has "tagged" me for too many U$S dollar purchases via PayPal. So be careful with that, all of you!

Anyway, I think my Account Exec saw me coming from a km away and barely got hello out before she told me to go downstairs and speak directly to the guy who approves or denies these transactions. Fabulous. I finally had a name. Why they could not connect me with this guy when I called I have no idea. My foreign Spanish wasn't threatening enough over the phone, apparently. I went right up to his office and introduced myself. He looked perplexed. I sat down. Explained the situation. He said my transaction request had never come his way. He then types my name into his email search box. I'm sitting right there and can see his monitor. There are 5 unopened emails (the amount of times I called and they said they would reclamarlo yet again) - subject line "Ayuda Familiar + my first and last name." I'm quite annoyed. He tries to pretend I haven't seen this, and briefly opens up one of these and types "approved." Transaction went through that day.

So, yay, but he basically sat right there and told me that he will not approve this transaction every month in the future. His way of saying he's trying to cover his a** from the Banco Central hounding him and not to bother him again b/c it will be a waste of time for both of us. Of course there is no written rule. Nothing saying how much you have to make in order to transfer a certain amount of money. He told me this transaction was approved b/c it was my first time to request it. And that was about as much as he could muster for an explanation. Then he started realizing he was making no sense and gave the, "Look, do I think this is fair? No. Do I agree with the gov't? No. But this is my job and I know what buttons I can and can't push" speech. Which I was satisfied with.

Another update. This is mainly for those who use the search function and might appreciate the info in the future. My U$ 1000 transaction has now gone through. It just took yet another face-to-face visit, and I'm halfway proud of myself for not giving up. You gotta fight!....for your right!... ok bad Beastie Boys reference.

I actually went to the bank for another issue. My Visa has been rejecting every single transaction via PayPal. EVERY SINGLE ONE. That problem is not solved. Both Visa and bank say nothing is wrong with my account. Obviously the government has "tagged" me for too many U$S dollar purchases via PayPal. So be careful with that, all of you!

You're scheming on a thing that's a mirage
I'm trying to tell you now, it's SABOTAGE

[sorry I have a soft-spot for Beastie Boy references]

You're scheming on a thing that's a mirage
I'm trying to tell you now, it's SABOTAGE

[sorry I have a soft-spot for Beastie Boy references]

syngirl, You never updated on this thread. Have your transactions been successful?

Yikes! Sorry I completely forgot.

Yes, we have had success. We use Citibank. However I wonder if the reason for our success may be that it is from an account in my husband's (the Argentine) name sending to my mother abroad. Perhaps he has greater onda (edit: with the bank staff I mean). Probably doesn't help that the person he deals with at the bank is a woman, I suspect there is a lot of chamuyo going on. In fact today he sent and she managed to push it through before the weekend, since he's worried that there will be some big changes (ie a devaluation) after the long weekend.

We are playing the system to it's fullest -- sell dollars from the closet for the pesos that are used for the wiring of funds -- in this way you sell approx 800 bucks at black rate and it magically materializes on the other end as 1500 bought at official rate via the banco central.

We haven't had any problems or delays so far, knock on wood, knock on everything and cross every possible item I can think of (in fact I was going to update this thread yesterday and then thought to wait until this month's went through in case I jinx it).

BTW at the bank they said that there probably going to be a lot of changes coming, and that yes they too suspect there will be a devaluation after the long weekend. Who knows, it's all guesswork, but Capitanich has been all over today talking about get the dollar under control etc so I think they are going to be making big announcements in the next few weeks.

Back