Send $1500.00 Dollars To The Usa Every Month

Thanks for the good info but geez, what a mess. The argentinians love to make life hard for themselves.

My wife contacted her bank, Banco Santa Fe, so we can try to send money from her account to my parents. They have people in the bank who are familiar with "ayuda familiar," and their requirements and process are different from those that syngirl has already described (big surprise).

Here are some details:

Apparently all the banks need enough proof to show:
  • A familial connection between the sender and receiver
  • Argentine residence of the sender
  • Foreign residence of the receiver
The differences come in what is considered acceptable proof.

In the case of Banco Santa Fe, they want the same type of proof of residence for my father as is required here in Argentina (Certificado de Residencia), despite the fact that we have explained to them that this doesn't exist in the US. They suggested that we have the police go to the house and confirm that my parents live there and give them some sort of documented proof that they can send to me. When we again tried to explain to them that this is simply an impossibility, they didn't have an answer, other than to repeat the same thing again. They said that they can't accept a utility bill as proof of residence. Very frustrating. This is still an open issue.

For proof of my connection to my father, I need to get a birth certificate. That shouldn't be a problem.
For proof of my wife's connection to my father, I need the marriage certificate. That shouldn't be a problem.

They want a bank statement from my father. They didn't explain why.

My wife spoke with someone at the bank with whom she's had some past dealings, to try to get more information about what to expect. He told her:
  • Once the bank has all the information they need to make a decision, she can get an answer in 48 hours
  • They reject about half of the requests. If the bank determines, based on income, that you can't afford to send the amount that you want to send, they reject the transaction. Any pesos you might have that are not attributable to income or can not be verified as income won't be considered when they make their determination.
At this point, if we can resolve the open documentation issues, we're going to try to do this with Banco Santa Fe, since at the moment we don't have any accounts with any other bank (although we're considering opening an account at Citi since their documentation rules seem to be a bit more US friendly), and most of the documentation that we have to put together will be needed by any bank which does this.

When/if we have more information, I'll post it.

A good bank to do this is the Macro, go to the one in Santa Fe 2200, they didn't ask for nothing more than the bank information of the reciver, we offer to show a certificado de nacimiento but he says that is not needed, they only charge 25 usd + iva for a tranfer of 1150 euros. It is incredible how much it change from one bank to the other, my previous bank was the french bank and they were charging me 6% that is 84 usd per tranfer + iva so 3 times more of what they charge in Macro.

If the "limit" is $1500 US can you "qualify" to send less if they reject your application for the full amount? I'm assuming NO since that would be too client-friendly and this is Argentina after all.

If the "limit" is $1500 US can you "qualify" to send less if they reject your application for the full amount? I'm assuming NO since that would be too client-friendly and this is Argentina after all.

We'll find out, GS, although after seeing lamarque's post, we'll be talking to Banco Macro mañana, and maybe we won't be dealing with Banco Santa Fe.

Anyway, I'll post anything new that we find out.

Thanks, lamarque

Just to clarify you need to be client, if you are not client of banco macro then you can try in banco piano but there you have to share the same las name of the person you are sending money to, but you do not need to be client in that bank

Is it possible (easier) to send money via Ayuda Familiar from Correo Argentina?

Hi,Tried to send 1000 dollars to France as usual 2 months back from our account Banco Nacion.. After 2 months answer came.. Rejected, the maximum is now 250 dollars..Has anyone be really able to send recently, how much and from which bank ?Thanks a lot

Banco Frances says, "Para realizar la transferencia deberá tener los fondos en la cuenta en pesos más la comisión de USD 60 + [background=rgb(255, 255, 204)]IVA[/background] (mínimo de comisión) y USD 25 + [background=rgb(255, 255, 204)]IVA[/background] por el gastos de envío

Haven't done the math, but isn't PayPal the cheaper option??

Back