Sending a birthday present to Argentina

Honestly - send money:D That way your friend can buy what she wants and you don't have to worry about it getting lost and your friend doesn't have to spend 1/2 day sitting at the post-office trying to get something and probably having to pay taxes on it.

It's not *quite* the same sentiment, getting cash instead of a gift, but it probably will be easier in the long run. And she shouldn't have any problems getting money at WEstern Union.

I suppose you could always find a local merchant and buy online and have the gift delivered... I unfortunately don't have any recommendations.

I have told my family to not send me anything - Argentina's post is too unpredictable. :p The first packages I sent (quite a few years ago) arrived fine... later I sent one for Christmas and after being lost for 2 months, finally arrived back at my US doorstep. Every time I've sent something they have had to pick it up at the post office and they open the package in front of you, so lying about the value may not work. I sent a Christmas card last December and it arrived in April... :rolleyes: So use the post at your own risk, and don't send anything you would mind losing.

Thanks for all the feedback. I ended up sending money through Western Union. Worked fine. Fees are high (17.5€) but at least it is done and I already have the confirmation that the money reached its destination :)

You don't even have to go to Western Union to send me money. You can send online through PayPal. :D :D (just joking!)

Glad you sorted out the gift. I'm sure she'll be happy to spend thinking how sweet you are while she shops. :)

Back