Sending Mail To Argentina

No problem: first use the standard USPO box ( about the size of 2 shoeboxes, it is cheaper), then send it by USPO WITH INSURANCE. All people involved will have to sign for it, thus it will not get lost.I do it all the time.

True that, Tabasco is easily available here... May be something else was in the bottle

My, that's some wit you have there. It was more of an experiment to see if she could get any food items to me, period, years ago. I just requested a big bottle of any hot sauce but she sent a little one by mistake (that's why it came straight to my door). To the other guy, I have entered a Jumbo once in my life and that was to pick up something for someone else. Didn't really get what the fuss was about when barrio chino has (or at least had) so much more. I would never pay the price for Tabasco in BA; it is an inferior hot sauce as it is.

I won't be sending anything worth a lot. Its just to a few people I met in the Patagonia when I was there last year. They always asked me about maple syrup, and "real" peanut butter as they say haha. SO I was planning to just send maybe 15-20 dollars of basic american foods that can't easily be found there. Just wanted the cheapest way to do it really... seems I am going to pay more on postage than the actual stuff haha.

I know some of my friends families sent them boxes of stuff down there, with no issues, talking iPods (hid in books) and the like, and all arrived fine. Maybe it was just luck though. I got sole inserts for my feet once that I had ordered, but I cant remember how they sent it.

What are some good items to send an Argentine family whos never going to experience the states? They want uniquely american things, but I am kind of out on ideas outside of maple syrup and red liquorish haha.

how much would a shoebox full of stuff cost roughly? or one of those big bubble envelopes?

The smaller the package the better chance it has of getting here - but no guarantees.
(And by small I mean less than a pound and preferably in a bubble envelope.)
Send by regular mail.

You could always try your luck, just don't send anything you wouldn't want getting lost.

A friend sent some a tiny package with a few protein bars and a pair of underwear about five weeks ago. I told her to send it regular mail so it wouldn't raise any red flags.I've never had anyone mail me a package before. I wonder if will ever arrive. Have you experienced waiting for a small package to arrive? How long do you think it could take? I hope not as long as it took to get my new DNI card.

Most small importations will get here, minus the chance of them getting lost in the mail which can happen more often than not. You should not have any problem with food items if they are wrapped properly like Crema Americana was saying. In the end, it is all a chance with the system they have going.

Back