Sending Stuff From The Uk

Mysti

Registered
Hello,

Apologies if there is a similar thread elsewhere but I am looking for info on import restrictions, customs duty, etc...

I am aware there are huge restrictions in place for foreign goods but I want to send a gift of a Samsung Galaxy Tab to a friend. I want to ensure she doesn't have to pay any duty so I want to pay all costs up front. Can anyone advise the best way to do this?

Is it possible to to order the item from an Argentine supplier, and if so any links?

Many thanks.

Hmmm, the problem is many things like that get held up in customs and you have to go a long and wait in a 2hr que to get your property back or they keep it.

Thanks. What about if I contacted a local retailer, bought it over the phone or something and arranged for it to be delivered to her? If it's too difficult to get a tablet computer, the second choice is an e-reader. Are there any retailers you know of that offer this sort of service AND I can buy these goods from?

Basically anything you buy from overseas like tablets have a tendency to get stuck in customs no matter where you request it to be delivered.
When I got my family to post some things over to me here nothing turned up at my house not even a note. I had to go to customs and go through a very long process of retrieving it.

you could try sending it via royal mail registered in an inconspicuous package but they would have to pay import fees.

The best way, apart from travelling to argentina with the product yourself, would be to transfer money via exchange4free.co.uk to a more store and for them to buy the product with that money.

Back