Sense and Sensitivity

Grazie

Registered
Is it just me or has this forum been plagued lately with "sensitive to very sensitive" people? What is up with that? One thing that keeps this forum the way it is and the envy of many- is that here you are free to speak your mind - even if it is not always butt-kissing to Argentina! You would think that if this site is so bad and negative to ones own perception they would go somewhere else where everything is peachy keen and rosy, no?
I read a response to a posted thread and I thought someone was having a coronary. Lighten up, please.
To the administrators here - I say keep up the good work!

No Grazie., this is not about sense and sensitivity, you are too Gracious. In this case, this is about complexes and psychosis. I have changed this note because this is no longer a joke. I personally lay myself open to critisim because I am loud and very opinionated even so, personal attacks on my marraige and husband are totally unwarranted, but just check out the last few totally unprovoked posts on thread: US embassy services. I am totally in for free speech, thats how I earn a living, but free speech is not the nasty unprovoked insinuations and comments made about people's personal lives by unbalanced individuals. That is not free speech, that is time to get the whip out!

from "auntieapple"
yet one more disgusting insinuation from granadaiscool. why are we tolerating this? I also have had nasty hurtful remarks made about my marraige and husband this evening, because I made some perfectly valid points on thread: wedding planners. Now I read this on this thread: WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS PERSON? and the partner in crime? ANY IDEAS?
yes. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.
I like the fighting in this forum but it does get a bit crazy at times. The main problem right now is that we have some posters that don't know who the trolls are. This isn't so bad since it's amusing as hell but there's a downside in that threads get thrown off topic and people who are looking for information are getting a fight instead. The legit posters also come off sounding crazy after awhile.
Something to keep in mind is that many of the people who post here don't live in or have ever been to Argentina. Or they're Argentine with a chip on their shoulder looking for a virtual fight. It's not hard to tell them apart after awhile. Just do a search of a posters username to look up everything they've ever written. Read through some of their stuff before you even reply or acknowledge them.

Bunch of bullshit There are no trolls here and me and Granada are not the same person. He may be a bit grumpy but it should be obvious to everybody that he is in fact a real person. I have been on this site for one and a half years strong and posted a shitload more than you newcomers, what is somebody going to do about me? Not a god damn thing why would they?

It is however funny to see how you're doing something about yourself all over the place editing your original remarks as if there was no tomorrow.

"auntieapple" said:
I am totally in for free speech, thats how I earn a living, but free speech is not the nasty unprovoked...
I don't believe that in freedom of speech degree of the freedom is defined by quality of moderation.
Freedom of speech is here. What we are lacking here sometimes is civilized exchange of opinions.

Do you want to know what life living in argentina as an expat is like, what the argentines are like, how is the food, etc? Ill tell you. of course, its just my opinion based on my experiences.
Yeah, i think people want to shoot the messenger some times. If i was thin skinned though i wouldnt put myself out there so much.
yeah, this is an information exchange, thats very useful, but we also exchange opinions too. i mean for some, its one of the only ways to reach other expats living here. Like today ive been asking people privately what they think of living in pilar. i saw a house there yesterday. i want to ask argentines, but id also like to reach expats and get their view. i have a certain opinion of what i saw yesterday and i think most argentines wouldnt even think twice about what i saw. for me however, im thinking twice and thrice. not sure if i want to live like that in pilar.
so, for reasons like that, these boards are useful.

"JG" said:
Do you want to know what life living in argentina as an expat is like, what the argentines are like, how is the food, etc? Ill tell you. of course, its just my opinion based on my experiences.
Yeah, i think people want to shoot the messenger some times. If i was thin skinned though i wouldnt put myself out there so much.
yeah, this is an information exchange, thats very useful, but we also exchange opinions too. i mean for some, its one of the only ways to reach other expats living here. Like today ive been asking people privately what they think of living in pilar. i saw a house there yesterday. i want to ask argentines, but id also like to reach expats and get their view. i have a certain opinion of what i saw yesterday and i think most argentines wouldnt even think twice about what i saw. for me however, im thinking twice and thrice. not sure if i want to live like that in pilar.
so, for reasons like that, these boards are useful.
If you have a family and want a family life it´s nice. You should however have a car and not work in BA during office-hours

I actaully live in Pilar (((((((oh no! say's granadaiscool))))))) not her opinion again.
Well I will fill you in on life in pilar but, one aspect is getting into BA on time for the dinner tonight so I am out the door in five minutes to get my butt to a meeting before I get there in time for 20;00hrs
I also have many friends living in "countries" which I can tell you about. I would not live in one but some people find it convenient. There are however lots of options in Pilar. If you are coming to Dinner tonight JG I will fill you in on what I know and I have been here for 5 and a half years in Pilar.

"Bill" said:
Something to keep in mind is that many of the people who post here don't live in or have ever been to Argentina.
Posts for last month by country:

country

Argentina

United States

Iceland

Netherlands

Canada

United Kingdom

Vast majority of people posting here are from Argentina.

Back