September Flights

any info about approved domestic flights? even if infrequent.
AR already published their schedule for October, but flights will have a different approval process ... to be approved by each province. And no one knows which ones will and won't approve. The only thing that has been made clear by the government is that they will not be intended for tourism in the foreseeable future but they are still trying to think of how they can enable some tourism for the summer holidays.

well what i meant was really for Sept, is there any published schedule of anything domestic? or is any of it still just one off flights.

well what i meant was really for Sept, is there any published schedule of anything domestic? or is any of it still just one off flights.
In SEP there are a handful of flights to only a few places like Corrientes and Ushuaia. These should all be shown on the AR website.

All signals are pointing to October 1st for getting flights going again, though the border will still be closed to foreigners so nothing's really changed in essence for non-residents.

All signals are pointing to October 1st for getting flights going again, though the border will still be closed to foreigners so nothing's really changed in essence for non-residents.
Not a thing that I can see.

Given the infection rate, I would be amazed to see much happening this side of 2020.

I think some of this stuff in the news is geared to quell the restlessness of the public by those in control, who feel if they don't appear to be in re open mode, they will lose control.

Second question is, if we actually wanted to go stateside, (I don't), would Uncle Sam let us in?

Meoni said recently 'se está pensando en 1ro de octubre' . Paraguay and Uruguay will be the first borders open and then later Brazil and Chile, also remarking the first flights will likely be rather empty because of the border controls still in place.

Meoni said recently 'se está pensando en 1ro de octubre' . Paraguay and Uruguay will be the first borders open and then later Brazil and Chile, also remarking the first flights will likely be rather empty because of the border controls still in place.
This is nothing to get excited about.

Most people envision travel similar to what it was before the closures. That memory is not going to be returning anytime soon.

Here is what I envision:

Limited air travel between select countries in the beginning. Followed by other countries being added in a selective manner over time. Until or unless all things reopen / normalize on the ground, there will not be sufficient infrastructure to accommodate full scale tourism.

I have to believe, that the high command at Olivos has kicked around a few thoughts regarding how they are going to deal with an invasion of foreigners on vacation when they have all they can handle with the citizens of the country.

Simply add in a few hundred thousand tourist and the daily number of infected may be 25K+ with hospitals un able to cope.

No vaccine / no normalization.

I can not see things any other way.

I do not like what I just stated. My personal plan is to enjoy other parts of my life as best as I can until I can be allowed to do what is currently off limits to me.

And I would add, that I am not apt to take all things travel for granted ever again. Much like the depression era people of the 1930's became hoarders later in life when times of plenty returned. They simply felt more comfortable knowing they had supplies.

Things are certainly a mess. And they won't ever be forgotten until our generation(s) dies. and is replaced.

Back