Share a container Holland -Argentina?

gwenny

Registered
Anyone moving to Argentina this year? My mum died and I want to bring some of her furniture down here. Since I've lived here for over 7 years they won't let me import it dutyfree. If you have room in your container I'd be very happy to share it with you, thus reducing the costs.
Gwen:)

Sorry about your loss. But really, I think you're just better off just buying new furniture here.

gwenny said:
Anyone moving to Argentina this year? My mum died and I want to bring some of her furniture down here. Since I've lived here for over 7 years they won't let me import it dutyfree. If you have room in your container I'd be very happy to share it with you, thus reducing the costs.
Gwen:)

Hai Gwen,
Are you Dutch as well?
Sorry to hear about your mother. Hope you're ok.

I'm Dutch and moved to Argentina, in 2009. I can tell you, it is a hell of a hussle to get stuff overhere and through the Adouana.
They are not only difficult and very slow, also corrupt. So take into account that you have to pay money for every step tou take there.
Anyway... Me and some other Dutch people from here are trying to find a way to get a container to Argentina. For a combined transport, we pay all together. You could join with your furniture.
The whole transport must be done on somebodies name (a foreigner) that has a Argentine residency not older that 6 months.
Minimum price for a 20 ft container is about EUR 5.000,-.
I can keep you posted about the progress.

It's important to know the rules first. Permanent residents and Argentine citizens who have lived abroad for more than a year can bring in furniture duty free. Temporary residents may bring their possessions "duty free" but also must pay a deposit. Unless they become permanent redsidents they will have to pay duty on any items they don't take with them when they leave.

From http://www.intlmove.com/customs/moving-to-argentina/

If you are moving to Argentina and plan to ship your household goods and personal effects, there are customs regulations in Argentina you need to consider .
Below are Argentina’s rules and regulations regarding the importation of used household goods and personal belongings

Required Documents for Shipping Household Goods to Argentina
  • Inventory in Spanish, detailed (”PBO” – packed by owner and “misc.” – miscellaneous not acceptable)
  • Returning Argentine citizens require a Certificate of Residence from origin country
  • Argentine Citizens must provide a valid passport showing that bearer has resided in another country for a period of not less than 12 months and that such residence has not been interrupted with entries into Argentina for more than 40-60 days in the last 12 months prior to entering the country
    • Customer may not ship any household goods to Argentina 3 years prior to current shipment of household goods
  • Foreign Citizens must provide a valid passport with Resident Visa (minimum period of one year) issued at the country of origin and a Permanent Entry Visa stamped on the passport by immigration authorities at airport of entry
    • Customer’s importing household goods with a temporary visa must deposit a “Guarantee” based on the value of the household goods
    • Customer should declare and note on passport they will be expecting a shipment of household goods
  • ALL DOCUMENTS must show customer’s name as it appears in the passport — abbreviations or nicknames NOT acceptable
  • Inventory
CUSTOMS REGULATIONS FOR SHIPPING HOUSEHOLD GOODS TO ARGENTINA
  • CUSTOMER’S PRESENCE AT CLEARANCE IS RECOMMENDED IN ORDER TO SIGN PAPERS AND SUPPLY THEIR PASSPORT TO CUSTOMS
  • Foreigners with a permanent residence visa and/or returning Argentine citizens who have been living abroad for over one year can import used household goods and personal effects duty-free
  • Foreigners without a permanent residence visa may import used household goods and personal effects on a temporary basis
  • One air and one sea shipment allowed
  • Shipment of household goods must arrive within six months after customer or three months before
    • If shipment of the household goods arrives over six months after customer, a special permit has to be obtained from the Director General of Customs in Argentina
  • These and other regulations may vary according to the customer’s immigration status
  • All household goods items must be USED and have been in possession of the shipper for at least one year. New household goods items are subject to high duties and cause delays in customs clearance

Back