Sharing mate, kissing traditions and gripe A

Will Argentines get rid of traditions like sharing mate and kissing because of gripe?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Don't know

Votes: 22 95.7%

• Total voters

igor

Administrator
Do you see Argentine traditions such as sharing mate and kissing changing as a result of gripe A pandemic? It would be logical to assume that people will try to avoid any physical contact, since it can spread infection, but I still see a lot of kissing on the streets.

What is your prediction? Do you think these traditions will disappear completely?

If you work for a company here, has it implemented any special policies because of the situation with gripe A?

Everything is getting cleaned regularly, and there's alcohol gel everywhere. People clean their hands a lot.

But the kissing and mate remain unaffected. Can't see that changing either. The panic period seems to be over.

Agreed, people don't even wear masks on the subte anymore. Washing with alcohol is out the window, and I must have kissed about 40 people on the cheek over the weekend and I'm not even Argentine.

I wouldn't mind if it was gone, but tomorrow I'll have to kiss 11 guys on the cancha hello and 11 guys goodbye... whatever. I guess that it's better than not having a weekly game.

However, I think that guys & girls should go to 3 kisses like the French.

au revoir,

Napoleon

I want every cute girl to give me a French kiss

I even risk swine flu for that

If Argentina loses their unique culture because of a false hysteria I for one will be very sad. It does seem that there is a lot less mate sharing and kissing going on.

igor said:
Do you see Argentine traditions such as sharing mate and kissing changing as a result of gripe A pandemic? It would be logical to assume that people will try to avoid any physical contact, since it can spread infection, but I still see a lot of kissing on the streets.
Kisses, food and wine last night, and the night before (Aní's birthday and 16 people kissing as always), and the night ... business as usual.

Back