Shelf life of fruit and vegetables

What's that, 7 dollars?

I am noticing some supply issues, but not many. Some products have simply vanished to be replaced in the supermarket by a literal wall of another product. @UK Man mentions cookies and it is evident on that aisle where Oreos extend for meters while many other cookies are not available any more.

Maybe in Seatle that's peanuts. But for the average Argie housewife must be a nightmare. I recall when I couldn't carry a $100 peso bag of produce

Vegetables and fruit tend to be subpar in supermarkts, but there are good verdulerias, at least where we live (Vicente López), we buy most things once a week and have no complaints about perishing food. Try to look for a good verduleria.

Not one tin of whole tomatoes in La Anonima today. My wife asked the manager why and his reply was ''they never arrived''. Also asked him why Toddy choc chip cookies have disappeared from the shelves in recent weeks. ''They never arrived'' was his reply.
Why didn't they arrive? ''Don't know'' was his reply.

You gotta laugh!!

By the way...couldn't find fresh grapefruit anywhere today.

Not one tin of whole tomatoes in La Anonima today. My wife asked the manager why and his reply was ''they never arrived''. Also asked him why Toddy choc chip cookies have disappeared from the shelves in recent weeks. ''They never arrived'' was his reply.
Why didn't they arrive? ''Don't know'' was his reply.

You gotta laugh!!

By the way...couldn't find fresh grapefruit anywhere today.

Would have paid to see the face on the clerk at La Anonima When asked .."Why Toddy choc chip cookies are not available..?

I used to shop at La Anonima..! Provincia

I don't mind the toddys, they taste pretty similar to the american chips ahoy.

the pepitos are trash.

These are quite good. If you like peanuts.

Attachments

• 178955D5-1F04-41DE-A2F6-EB3C842FF6BE.jpeg
    178955D5-1F04-41DE-A2F6-EB3C842FF6BE.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2
Back