Shipping A Tv To Buenos Aires

cruizes

Registered
So excited. Found a beautiful apartment and looking forward to returning home in August. i have a 48 inch TV about 6 years old and would like to send on my fight on United Airlines. Does anyone know how much it would cost for excess baggage and also once I arrived EZE is there going to be an additional charge for a TV that old.

Thanks

Guys,

does it make sense to buy the latest model tv in US and bring it on a flight from US. what kind of duty we are discussing at EZE in pesos? lets say the tv costs 1000 us$.

Anyone can help here?

With the blue rate TV prices are so much better now.
Nancy

Guys,

does it make sense to buy the latest model tv in US and bring it on a flight from US. what kind of duty we are discussing at EZE in pesos? lets say the tv costs 1000 us$.

Anyone can help here?
simple.. (ok, maybe not, since it is Argentina :) ) ( Invoice value - US$300 ) x 50% . So a TV of US$ 1000, will cost you: (1000 - 300) x 50% = US$350 in duty. However, as far as I know, they will charge you in AR$ against the official rate. So that would be like 350x5.2 = AR$1820, which is close to US$200 at the current blue market rate. (The published one ;) )

Forgot to add; Be careful that you don't bring any other dutiable items in at the same time... Because they might check all your bags for other items.

About 3 years ago, we brought a 46" TV from the States and saved about U$S2000. With the blue rate, I'm not so sure that makes sense anymore, especially for a 6 year old TV.

You have the airline charge (oversize $100 and probably overweight $100, excess baggage too?), tax, the hassle of packing and bringing it to the airport, and risk of damage which would not be covered. Is it dual-voltage? If not, you'll need a converter too.

Looking at some prices:
- Garbarino.com.ar: 40" Sony LED with 3D is $8499 (U$S 976) / 46" Smart LED Samsung is $9999 (U$S 1281)
- Rodo.com.ar: 40" Sony LCD is $5299 (U$S 609)

Get someone with a local credit card and you'll routinely get 20% off that price and 12 payments too. You'll have a high resale value too.

I would never bring a TV again. Just not worth it...

Bought a 46" Samsung Smart tv (not 3d, but since there are no local 3d services available it didn'r make sense) in Fravega for 8500 last month, if you search around there are good tv´s available. For the hassle factor I wouldn´t bother.

yes dont do it... just bring 3 unlocked iphones and sell them... then buy your TV..

Back