Shipping Companies

Coleburger

Registered
I was wondering if anyone had any experience shipping packages from the States to here. I forgot some really nice clothing I was hoping to take on a Patagonia trip (dri fit, tech, quick drying type stuff, not readily available here in any respectable quality to price point) and was considering having it mailed to me. The quotes I'm getting are in the hundreds of dollar range, and three week timetables from FedEx, UPS, etc. Is there a company I'm missing, or better deal available anywhere else? Thanks in advance for the advice.

If you get lucky, the Aduana might allow the shipment of used clothing, but even if they do, they might ask to see receipts for your purchases. If you cannot comply with this request, they will probably charge customs fees based on whatever they think the clothes would cost new today, and they can research the internet to calculate those costs.

Assuming the import fees are 50%, I suggest you add that amount to the shiping fees when computing the quality to price point ratio compared to what you can buy here. Based on previous posts in this forum, the Aduana might also apply the import fees to the shipping costs.

The best part of flying in and out of Arg is that those bag fees become nothing to worry about. If you want the stuff, the airline bag fee is just part of the gig. Accept it and move on.

If its just clothes then pay for an extra bag or two with the airlines when you come. It will be expensive but not anything like shipments.
This is excellent advice. I have flown into EZE (twice in 2008) with five suitcases packed to the max with clothes, sheets, towels, and curtains, but the individual who started this thread (asking about shipping some clothes he forgot to bring with him) is already here...

Last edited:
Back