Shipping Companies

Question from someone who already had items shipped before finding the advice here: I have two packages that say they arrived but the last tracking info says handed over to customs (la aduana). One was from European airmail and one was from the USA via DHL. I don't have a contact for the European shipper but DHL told me to "just wait".

Is there any hope of retrieving these items? Where do I even start? Is there an office?
I assume even IF I can go somewhere that they're going to charge me fees to retrieve them?

Airline unaccompanied luggage, does that still exist?

Question from someone who already had items shipped before finding the advice here: I have two packages that say they arrived but the last tracking info says handed over to customs (la aduana). One was from European airmail and one was from the USA via DHL. I don't have a contact for the European shipper but DHL told me to "just wait".

Is there any hope of retrieving these items? Where do I even start? Is there an office?
I assume even IF I can go somewhere that they're going to charge me fees to retrieve them?
If it’s DHL you will get the items eventually just be prepared to pay approximately their USD value in customs fees.

Back