Shocking new income requirement for visa rentista?

gunt86 said:
What has not changed since 2009 is the requirement to have an ARG bank account and to show evidence of it at the renewal process. The account must have a significant balance in it. Probably AR$3000 would be sufficient.

Remember, in ARG there are the laws and then there is how the laws are implemented/interpreted. That is why an immigration lawyer is so helpful as they know exactly how migrations is interpreting a particular law on any given month...the interpretation changes unpredictably and seemingly without reason sometimes.
d

I went to one today and he didnt tedll me anything i already didnt know. If you are not worth their time then they really are of no help. I'm taking spanish classes at UBA just so that i can get a student visa that will probably only last 2 or 3 moths as the classes are 2 moths at a time. I think if you offer these lawyers ONE MILLION USD they still wouldnt be of much help. My main focus is WORK and getting a temporary residency so that i can work as most companies require it. Can anyone be of some assistance, there must be a way to get this done quicker, and am desperate to work. I wouldnt mind opting for the teaching private english lessons but i'd rather have a job and all that stuff....anyone??

thanks i recievd it and will contact you. Espero no quedar en las misma como siempre me pasa, porfavor ayudeme en algo, no se alguna novedad. Mi caso no es tan complicado. Pronto hablamos si

gracias

steveinbsas said:
I can't confirm it, but if it's true that's still less than $1000 USD per month and most individuals from the US who are receiving Social Security could still qualify. The question remains if they can live without Medicare.

Thanks for this helpful thread. Is there any update on the required income for pensionados?

steveinbsas said:
Though I can't confirm it, I received a PM from a friend who was told by his lawyer that the new income requirement for the visa rentista of $8000 pesos per month applies only to the individual applicant and includes any and all dependents (spouse and children).

How about the interpretation for rentistas? In the past, the income could support the whole family. If changed to 'per individual,' this could result in a prohibitive level for a large family.

Any update on whether the income requirement for pensionados (retirement visa) also went to $8,000 pesos? Or did it stay at the old $2,500 pesos? Thanks.

I went through the rentista process in July. The day I got my DNI my immigration lawyer was informed in Migraciones that the law had just changed that very week increasing the rentista visa requirement to 8,000 pesos per month. I was at my attorney's office yesterday to pick up my DNI and was told that indeed the new requirement for a rentista visa is 8,000 pesos per month in effect now and for renewals.

Thanks, that's good info about the rentista visa. Do you know whether you could have included a spouse and dependents within the same 8,000 peso income? Or each member of the family would need 8,000 pesos income?

I understand there's a separate category of pensionado visa, and I wondered whether it has changed to 8,000 pesos also? That's the category my wife and I plan to apply under, but it might be cutting it close in terms of our pension income. So we're trying to ascertain whether the 8,000 peso income requirement applies to pensioners too. If so, we might have to apply as rentistas instead (but hopefully not needing 16,000 pesos income for both of us!).

After5 said:
Thanks, that's good info about the rentista visa. Do you know whether you could have included a spouse and dependents within the same 8,000 peso income? Or each member of the family would need 8,000 pesos income?

Here's what I posted in September:

steveinbsas said:
Though I can't confirm it, I received a PM from a friend who was told by his lawyer that the new income requirement for the visa rentista of $8000 pesos per month applies only to the individual applicant and includes any and all dependents (spouse and children).

Since this post I haven't heard or read anything to the contrary.

After5 said:
I understand there's a separate category of pensionado visa, and I wondered whether it has changed to 8,000 pesos also? That's the category my wife and I plan to apply under, but it might be cutting it close in terms of our pension income. So we're trying to ascertain whether the 8,000 peso income requirement applies to pensioners too. If so, we might have to apply as rentistas instead (but hopefully not needing 16,000 pesos income for both of us!).

Here's what I posted in August:

steveinbsas said:
I can't confirm it, but if it's true that's still less than $1000 USD per month and most individuals from the US who are receiving Social Security could still qualify. The question remains if they can live without Medicare.

The latter is in reference to Sleuth's post about the new income requirement for the visa pensionado requirement. He "heard" it is now $3500 pesos per month, but I haven't seen any posts that state the amount with any certaainty. I believe that whatever the amount actually is that only one person needs to prove the income (for a married couple).

Thanks, Steve. On the Migraciones web page, under 'Requisitos Rentista' it clearly states the new minimum of 8,000 pesos.

But on the corresponding page for 'Requisitos Pensionado,' no amount is mentioned in the corresponding paragraph. It only says (translated), 'Certificate issued by a government or international body that certifies you receive a pension or retirement on a regular and permanent basis, as well as the amount and duration of the benefit.'

Surely there is some definite lower limit. Any idea how I could confirm this? Thanks.

Back