Shocking new income requirement for visa rentista?

If BB means Bahia Blanca, I never lived there.

You may have the impression I did because I was trolled by the A-hole of Oakland who (at least several times) referred to my property as a "bunker on the outskirts of Bahia Blanca" (which, by the way, is a very nice city, easy to get around in, and very desirable to live within a 20 minute drive).

The center of Punta Alta is actually less than ten minutes form my house and has almost everything I want or need, making trips to Bahia Blanca almost completely unnecessary. PA doesn't have an airport, but that's OK. I haven't been on a plane in almost ten years and I don't mind driving to the BB airport o meet guests.

I love my present location as much if not more than ever and there's nowhere else in the world I would rather live...or even visit.

PS: I'm not longer offering the house or the outbuilding for sale, just the 2500 mtr2 lot beside my 2500 mtr2 lot with my house and galpon (aka outbuilding) . I'll re-post this and elaborate regarding the reasons in the thread I started about selling my house (and living in the outbuilding) a couple years ago.
You are right. I recall the troll and the reference to Bahia Blanca. Guess that reference just stuck. Sorry. Now you are solidly positioned in Punta Alta

You are right. I recall the troll and the reference to Bahia Blanca. Guess that reference just stuck. Sorry. Now you are solidly positioned in Punta Alta

The Bay Bridge Troll also repeatedly referred to me as the :"Hermit of the Pampas" but I never took that as the insult it was intended to be.

So, borrowing a bit from the intro to Mark Levin's radio show, it would be more accurate to describe my place as:

An unfortified bunker in the pampas, somewhere on the outskirts of Punta Alta...

I'm finally (after almost nine years) going to put up a gate (aka tranquera) in the front entrance next week, but that will be just to keep the occasional wayward horse from seeking greener pastures...and leaving the evidence behind. :cool:

Did you by chance listen to Art Bell Coast to Coast AM? I don't know what makes me ask that.

Did you by chance listen to Art Bell Coast to Coast AM? I don't know what makes me ask that.

You undoubtedly asked because I mentioned Mark Levin.

The last I heard, Art Bell has died. I only listened to him a few times in 1999 when I was visiting Sayuliat, Mexico and it was one of the few radio programs I could pick up on my Grundig transistorr radio (which I still listen to in my house now when the power is out).

I'm not a big fan of talk radio. I don't enjoy listening to the opinions of most of the callers, but when I lived in Chicago I often listend to Roe Conn on WLS as I drove in the city.

I do remember Art Bell's fear mongering about the Y2K meltdown. That was enough for me.

I also remember quoting something I heard on talk radio* in this forum).

It was something I happened to hear Glenn Beck say when I was listening to WLS Chicago (for some "hometown" news) on my laptop in my apartment in CABA in 2009.

All I remember him saying was, "Buy land where you can grow your own food."

By late June of 2014 I was living in my present location...and I have no plans to move...

,,,especially given what I've learned about the Grand Solar Minimum that is just beginning with solar cycle 25.

PS: Here's the post in which I mentioned Beck in this forum 201

I have been asked (in another website forum) why I decided to "Go Galt" in Argentina.

I replied that I was inspired by Glenn Beck's urging to "buy land and grow your own food" even more than anything Ayn Rand wrote, but I did have the expression "Going Galt" in mind when I made the move.

I am not trying to start a "gulch" or an expat enclave, either. During a crisis when those who live in nearby cities (including Bahia Blanca) might be rioting and looting, a concentration of (comparatively) wealthy expats would be sitting ducks for the looters. My idea was to blend into a small community and become relatively invisible, aka assimilate. Everyone here knows I'm a foreigner, but I don't look or act wealthy (my 20 year old Peugeot reinforces this image).

I would be happy to find one individual or couple who is interesting in building a home on the 2500 square meter lot next to mine. They do not have to be rich. Even if they are, the most important question is, "Which would you rather have when the inevitable happens, a lot of worthless paper money or a reasonably safe place to live with neighbors who also have gardens and livestock?"

While there are a number of small shops in the nearby village, they are unlikely to ever be the target of random mobs from the city. The Argentines who live in the village don't break into each other's homes or shops. The best thing about the locals is that they are very friendly and have welcomed me warmly. They also leave me alone.

PS: I am getting ready to convert an outbuilding into an "estancia style" guest house that my future neighbor(s) can occupy while their house is being built. Underground "bunkers" are not necessary here.

PS: At the time I mad the post, my signature for this forum was a link to a blog I created about "Going Galt in Argentina."

That was the catalyst for the Bay Bridge Troll to begin the endless stream of comments about Ayn Rand...

https://www.baexpats.org/threads/fed-up-with-the-usa-they-chose-chile.31238/

Last edited:
You undoubtedly asked because I mentioned Mark Levin.
Coincidentally, a youtube recording of 37 minutes of last night´s Mark Levin show began playing (thanks to auto-play) about an hours ago.

For those who've never listened to him, this would serve as a great introduction to his program. They may never listen again, but at least they'll have a better idea of what he stands for...and, if anyone listens to the end, why I don't enjoy listening to callers' comments.

PS: I know this is off topic, but this is an ancient thread....

SSA income will get you a visa pensionado, not a visa rentista.

The monthly income level for the visa pensionado is not specified, so there is some "flexibility" in what migraciones will accept when considering an application for the visa pensionado.
I am trying to confirm if the Social Security amount required for a pensionado visa is based on gross benefits or net after Medicare is taken out?

I am trying to confirm if the Social Security amount required for a pensionado visa is based on gross benefits or net after Medicare is taken out?

It's been at least three years since I read that there is no exact minimum monthly income specified for the visa pensionado. If the requirement for the visa rentista is still $30K per month, then $500 might be sufficient.

That being said, a threefold increase for the visa rentista is long overdue, and with no set amount, migraciones could already require more than $30K per month for the visa pensionado.

If the Social Security benefits letter shows the net monthly income paid to the beneficiary (after Medicare is taken out), I imagine that's what migraciones will base their decision on when considering your application.

Last edited:
I am searching different sources right now, went to the Senate website (nothing), the Diputados (nothing).

The ONLY new law that appeared, regarding immigration (source : BO) is Decreto 616/2010, date 6 of may 2010.
It's the reglamento of the law de migraciones (the one that concerns us) 25.871.
This reglamento tends to precise certain points.
I am reading it right now and didn't find anything scary.

Until now, I just found this portion regarding rentistas :
ARTICULO 23.- Los extranjeros que soliciten su residencia temporaria ingresarán en las subcategorías establecidas en el artículo 23 de la Ley Nº 25.871, bajo las siguientes condiciones:

a) Trabajador migrante: A los fines de esta subcategoría se tendrán en cuenta las definiciones y condiciones establecidas por la CONVENCION INTERNACIONAL SOBRE LA PROTECCION DE TODOS LOS TRABAJADORES MIGRATORIOS Y DE SUS FAMILIARES, aprobada por Ley Nº 26.202.

b) Rentista: Quien ingrese en esta subcategoría deberá acreditar ante la DIRECCION NACIONAL DE MIGRACIONES el origen de los fondos y su ingreso al país, por intermedio de instituciones bancarias o financieras autorizadas por el BANCO CENTRAL DE LA REPUBLICA ARGENTINA. Asimismo, deberá probar que el monto de las rentas que perciba resulta suficiente para atender a su manutención y la de su grupo familiar primario. A los fines de otorgar la residencia se deberán tomar en cuenta las disposiciones de la Ley Nº 25.246, sobre Encubrimiento y Lavado de Activos de origen delictivo.

----
I keep reading it and will edit my post

It seems you shouldn't worry, I am checking at the source (Senado, Camara de diputados and BO). Of course I could be wrong

btw this new decreto is here http://www.gema.com.ar/decreto616.html
No, they do it by memos.

If the requirement
could already
if the Social Security
I imagine that

Priceless information

Back