Shocking new income requirement for visa rentista?

I think the immigration will get v tough here.

A friend of mine married to a local Argentine ( born and brought up in Arg) - they have a Argentine born kid.

This friend went to ask citizenship requirements for herself and she was told "she ain't eligible" till she has lived in Arg for 2 years. I told her that is crap but she was absolutely unconvinced about my view.

i even offered her to suggest lawyers name but the immigration office brainwashed her so hard that she refused to even take my advise!

---

I am wondering when will they change the constitution and change the citizenship law, in sync with their new policies?

You arrived late. They already did it in 1949 but they do not recognize that the peron's Constitution was later abolished in 1956. The immigration law is according to that Constitution that restored the system of the Colony of the Virreinato del Rio de la Plata.

There's no need to wait (or even hope) for a change in the constitution to fit the "policies" of migraciones when applying for citizenship.

I suggest you tell your friend to go to the federal court that has jurisdiction in the are where she lives...since migraciones has nothing wheresoever to to with the citizenship process. She will be able to get a list of the requirements and they will look at her DNI to see the date of her first entry into the country.

Yes, there is a "two year residency" requirement for citizenship and that period would have begun the day your friend first set foot on Argentine soil. I believe that the two year residency requirement applies to the spouse of an Argentine citizen, but I vaguely remember someone posting that is not the case.

Apparently Dr Rubilar has been able to initiate the process after his clients (who do not have a DNI) have been "in" Argentina for at least one year.

In any case, the federal court is the place to go.
emo32.gif

Marriage and parenthood are a by pass to the 2 years requirement to get citizenship.

This year I double my bet and I started about 60 cases with few weeks in Argentina of people who really lives here (while i rejected those who wanted to do tourism for citizenship). Half of them are on, half at the Chamber if appeals.

Ceviche I have been here over a decade and that hasn't changed -- it has always been (in the time I have been here, cannot state before) 2 years of residency after marriage before going for citizenship. This is not an example of immigration getting tougher, it is exactly the same as it has been for a decade.

Wrong.
Google Ley 346. Read it. Go to the source.

Marriage and parenthood are a by pass to the 2 years requirement to get citizenship.

This year I double my bet and I started about 60 cases with few weeks in Argentina of people who really lives here (while i rejected those who wanted to do tourism for citizenship). Half of them are on, half at the Chamber if appeals.

That's indeed a great news, Doc!

Need more information on this. I have sent you a PM.

What is the 2019 income requirement for visa rentista?

What is the 2019 income requirement for visa rentista?

Today it is $30.000 peso per month.

That figure went into effect when the peso was 15 to 1 against the USD and replaced the previous monthly amount of $8.000,00

If migraciones raised the monthly income requirement tomorrow (or later today), the new amount will likely be in excess of $90.000,00

If they wait until after the next "significant" devaluation it could be well over $100.000,00

In any case, a foreign income of $2,000.00 USD per month "should" suffice.

Having lived here for a bit past a year now. I have no idea how anyone could live on 30K pesos a month.

Rent
Car
Food
Insurance
Incidentals
Etc..

Locals do it but they typically live with family or own their homes. Without rent, I could see it as doable, even then you would have to be frugal. I think Steve is right the visa rentista is going to take a big jump in its price point, just like everything else has. Inflation nation.

Thank you. The problem people usually have is to document income for the purpose of obtaining visa and that has no relation to how much one lives on.

Thank you. The problem people usually have is to document income for the purpose of obtaining visa and that has no relation to how much one lives on.

I'd like to know why, if someone actually has a "stable (and passive) foreign income" of whatever the current amount is required to qualify for the visa rentista, you think they would have a problem documenting it.

Back