Shocking new income requirement for visa rentista?

Ah yes, there is also "passive" requirement and that means SSA income only and barely qualifies. Odds are next year, it won't.

Ah yes, there is also "passive" requirement and that means SSA income only and barely qualifies. Odds are next year, it won't.
There are a number of sources of passive income migraciones will accept for the visa rentista, but SSA (Social Security Administration) is not one of them.

There are a number of sources of passive income migraciones will accept for the visa rentista, but SSA (Social Security Administration) is not one of them.

I didn't know that - really? That's weird... SSA retirement would seem like the most stable. I think the SSA even has a standard letter they'll provide saying what your income is, which would make it easy for migraciones to know if one qualifies.

at 40 to to 1 it looks like $750.00 USD per mo. will do it??? ie 30,000 pesos

I didn't know that - really? That's weird... SSA retirement would seem like the most stable. I think the SSA even has a standard letter they'll provide saying what your income is, which would make it easy for migraciones to know if one qualifies.
SSA income will get you a visa pensionado, not a visa rentista.

The monthly income level for the visa pensionado is not specified, so there is some "flexibility" in what migraciones will accept when considering an application for the visa pensionado.

at 40 to to 1 it looks like $750.00 USD per mo. will do it??? ie 30,000 pesos
Not for long.

Before it changed last time I repeatedly warned it would at least double, if not triple.

It more than tripled.

Pensionado correct. So back up plan for next year may be py cedula, for us chaco_rats.

Steve are you still happy with BB?
If BB means Bahia Blanca, I never lived there.

You may have the impression I did because I was trolled by the A-hole of Oakland who (at least several times) referred to my property as a "bunker on the outskirts of Bahia Blanca" (which, by the way, is a very nice city, easy to get around in, and very desirable to live within a 20 minute drive).

The center of Punta Alta is actually less than ten minutes form my house and has almost everything I want or need, making trips to Bahia Blanca almost completely unnecessary. PA doesn't have an airport, but that's OK. I haven't been on a plane in almost ten years and I don't mind driving to the BB airport o meet guests.

I love my present location as much if not more than ever and there's nowhere else in the world I would rather live...or even visit.

PS: I'm not longer offering the house or the outbuilding for sale, just the 2500 mtr2 lot beside my 2500 mtr2 lot with my house and galpon (aka outbuilding) . I'll re-post this and elaborate regarding the reasons in the thread I started about selling my house (and living in the outbuilding) a couple years ago.

Last edited:
For me the income requirement isn't a problem but I'm not happy about sharing my financial information with anyone here.

Back