Shopping For Clothes

Well, elsewhere in LatAm, the Koreanos has many garment being weaved there or imported, don;t they make garments there and sell to the local fashion retailers? me thinking, they must be better than the Knock-offs that Rich One mention here ?

Know nothing about Koreanos quality elsewhere.....!!

All major brands are manufactured here under license by immigrants in sweatshops.A block away relatives of the immigrants in another illegal shop have sew similar garments , with the same materials and obtained patterns.

The concept is that major international brands order large lots of garments from illegal shops and pay them with the rejects and seconds that illegal shops commercialize in the grey market. Who can tell?

I see many Koreanos emigrating to Argie~Chile~Peru and their forte is garment business. Even here in Los Angeles they are notorious for garment making on the cheap in comparo to Burlington industries but no body can compete with PRC or even better, the Bangladesh sweat shops. My buddy the head honcho of affordable clothing chain Uni-Qlo make fashion locally where they retail all over the world. I will talk him on bringing his brand there to Argie and other lat Am countries. They make and sell good quality fashions and very affordable priced, they price their garments according to that locale economy..
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/home

The basic rule of Argentina- ALL imports cost twice as much as they do in the States or Europe. Taxes, duty, and shipping, plus, "grease".

This includes cheap chinese sweatshop clothing.

So, no, there is no place you can match the prices you are used to in the USA.

currently, in the US, there is a huge amount of stuff that is made for well below what the fabric alone costs in the US- the chinese government is subsidizing clothing manufacturing in many ways, just like they do with steel.

Clothes, of course, are very very subjective.

I wear stuff that probably none of you would. And I find a lot of quality stuff for less than I would in the US- handmade leather shoes, designer clothes, and so on.
You certainly cant beat US Walmart prices, though, for mass produced commodity items like undewear or t shirts.
However, at many places in Once, if you make a minimum purchase, usually in the 600 peso range, you can buy at wholesale prices.

I see many Koreanos emigrating to Argie~Chile~Peru and their forte is garment business. Even here in Los Angeles they are notorious for garment making on the cheap in comparo to Burlington industries but no body can compete with PRC or even better, the Bangladesh sweat shops. My buddy the head honcho of affordable clothing chain Uni-Qlo make fashion locally where they retail all over the world. I will talk him on bringing his brand there to Argie and other lat Am countries. They make and sell good quality fashions and very affordable priced, they price their garments according to that locale economy..
http://www.uniqlo.com/us/home

It's fun to live vicariously as an Ambassador in many countries.... :wub:

Six Polo Shirts for price of one! But are they really the genuine, the real "Polos" by that famed designer, or is it just called a Polo shirt a look-like the real McCoy ones? a ( copy ) perhaps?
No they are Fuc.... knock offs and the melt in the washing machine. Do not buy clothes or electronics in Argentina. Eat some spinich and load the suitcase.

No they are Fuc.... knock offs and the melt in the washing machine. Do not buy clothes or electronics in Argentina. Eat some spinich and load the suitcase.
No just make sure it has a warranty or guarantee or whatever u wannna call it, since ive been here, which is almost a year, these are the things Ive had problems with,mind you I bought them BRAND new, 1.washing machine LG 8kg, exchanged twice then I bought a Samsung 7kg and its been good so far, 2.refrigerator,Siam, called to have it repaired, so far so good. 3.PC Samsung, stopped working and I had the warranty place fix it. In other words ive had issues with pretty much ALL my electronics but thank God I had warranty or else I would have been very assed out.

Ferias Americanas in the city. If you don't minding searching, you might find an Italian import that someone put up for consignment or sold. These are my shopping destinations. How else would I be wearing Versace, Armani, Prada, etc. I can't afford originals on social security income.

I meant to write that I don't have the money to pay the retail price for high-end clothing from Italy and France. My closet is full of bargains I've found in the ferias americanas. Last item was a pair of Versace stilletos for $20.

Back